Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

High Marks for Crossroads

We just returned from a 20,500+ km (12,750 miles) journey from the east coast of Canada to Vancouver Island, returning east via Washington state through Maine to our New Brunswick home. While traversing Indiana, we stopped at Topeka, at the Crossroads factory, hoping to address some issues with our Cruiser CTX with the manufacturer. My first contact at Crossroads was Mike Antal. He was incredibly cooperative in arranging an unscheduled appointment at the factory. When we brought the trailer in to see about the work needed, Troy (another unbelievably helpful tech) took over and walked us through the unit to see what was needed. The techs were unremittingly helpful and cooperative, doing everything we asked and more as we discovered little things along the way.
The persistent water intrusion under the slide, caused by the tires throwing water up from the road, was addressed and corrected. We have not had a drop of water on the floor of the unit since.
We had suffered severe tire wear over time, and they immediately called in the Lippert rep to check the axles. He found an issue that had been outstanding since installation, and ordered a replacement set of axles. As well, since Crossroads did not want to waste time trying to match our existing tires, they gave us 4 new ones.
All the work was accomplished at no charge to us, and the trailer handled beautifully all the way beyond Topeka to the east coast. We now have, basically, a new rig with new running gear and factory sealed seams, etc. I cannot say enough about how professionally and expertly the Crossroads team treated us. I had had serious doubts about how we would be received at the plant, but I can say, without equivocation, that I would recommend Crossroads to anyone, and I actively tout their exceptional customer service to our friends and fellow RVers.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Great report. More and more we are seeing that CR is showing commitment to the consumer. I would say they exceeded your expectations and you are now a valued goodwill spokesman.
We have not had any serious issues and recently travelled 12663 miles trouiblefree.
I am quite satisified with my rig and happy to hear new management at CR continues to make decisions that improve product and customer satisfaction.
Thanks for your input.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We also had out outstanding warranty issues addressed at the factory this summer, when we went to the rally. I agree with you that this is the best service you are going to get and the people there go above and beyond to make you a happy customer. One other good thing about factory service is that they don't have to order parts. So often a dealer has to wait for parts, only to get the wrong ones in.

I feel that anyone who is having issues they are having problems getting addressed should make an effort to go to Topeka, especially if you are within a two day drive of the place. The area is interesting to visit so the trip would not be just for that. Nearby Elkhart has an awesome RV museum as well. Shipshewana is a real tourist destination. We are RVers, after all, and traveling is what we do!

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote