Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just bought a new 2012 sunset trail 30re and before it left the lot, but after they got me to sign papers they noticed during the PDI that the front of the unit has a lot of rock chips that they said they will replace the cover, the tv did not work, 1 of the swivel chairs has a tear in the arm, and when the paper that describes the trailer was removed from the counter it looks like they used something to clean it off that took the finish off the counter/table tops and a few other minor issues. They said to bring it back and they will give me a new chair and front cover and have a tech look at the counter tops. When I returned it to have these items repaired the warranty manager said they were now going to repaint the cover and patch the chair as for the rest of the items I have not heard back. Am I getting hosed or is this normal to patch chairs etc. These deficiencies were all there and noticed during the PDI. I told them that I was not happy with the patching of these items when I was told they would be replaced, and asked them if there was a return policy and they said no that it could not be returned. We love the lay out and want to give them a chance to repair these items but wonder if it is normal to have this kind of work done on a new trailer under warranty before it left the lot.
riderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
Site Team

Definitely not the way your dealer should be handling the issues on your rig!!!!
It doesn't sound like there is much give on his end, all take.
Why don't you ask him if you have to contact the factory to get these issues resolved.
Don't let him blow you off, and don't hesitate to call CR and report him/it. If "you" let him get by with it, then yes, you are getting hosed.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks, when I go to pick it up I will keep this in mind. I never thought about contacting CR.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
Site Team

You bought a new trailer, and that's what you should get.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I agree
Old 07-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

When we bought our 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve 30RE we hadn't noticed that the front of the trailer was also very chipped/pitted. Luckily, the dealer pointed that out to us during the PDI, they said "oh, by the way, we will be ordering you a new front end-cap" and then showed us that because it had been towed from the factory with a truck w/o a bed and no mud-flaps, it had been pitted. Why we didn't see this when we were looking at the trailer on the dealer's lot I don't know... possibly because we were blinded by the size, design, layout, etc and did not look close enough. In my opinion, your dealer should have done the same thing, can't imagine that painting the front end-cap would hold up well. We have been back several times, too many to mention for other items but at least the dealer has been more than happy to address the items and CrossRoads has been good about covering them.
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info, we took it out on a 8 day trip and enjoyed the trailer, our old trailer was a tent trailer so it was a big change. We had a few problems that we noticed, the microwave started to spark and we had a bit of a fire inside of it when we tried to nuke a bag of popcorn, the sparks arced from the bag up to a metalic sticker that is on the front of the door when opened, it melted the sticker and the seal on the door. We also had noticed that the cover for the propane tanks has lost it's shape from the heat on a sunny day and we can't open the top part without it coming apart. The dealer has said to bring it back in september to have the cover on the front painted and the back window removed and cut the opening proper so the window fits, I think I will tell them I want a new cover, and let them know about the other problems, not sure if I have the option for a new front cover. We do like the lay out of this trailer and had been looking at a lot of trailers for months before we bought this one.