Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

oh boy...i'm the first one here. heeelllllllloooooo!!!!!! anybody there?????

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Dag nabe it, it wasn't here earlier I am number 2

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'm # 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Oh man I'm #4!

But how many of you have actually seen, walk-thru and talked to the Rep. for the Slingshot?

RAISES HAND!!! ME ME ME!!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

mike what do you think of it? its starting to grow on me. i've been looking at the different floorplans on this web site...with the cool 360 degree views.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

It was, ummmmmm unique?

It is a light weight entry level unit that is decorated as a upper level unit. To be honestI am not impressed with it. The outside decor doesn't match what they are trying to achieve inside.Edited by: mwebber78
Old 01-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
New Camper

Hi we are very interested in the Slingshot which we saw at the local RV show. At first I wasn't sure of the interior but it is starting to grow on me. At first look you think it is black and white but on further inspection you can see the walnut finish and aluminum panels on cabinets. Chocolate is in! The bathroom size is a plus.

Two questions we do have is where is the sewer hose stored and why isn't there a back bumper?
ralphcindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I built a sewer hose storage under my camper out of 5" plastic fence post and 2 end caps. Looks great and is right beside my sewer conection. Oh welcome to the forum. If you have seen a slingshot you are one up on most of us.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
New Camper

Seriously considering it. We currently have a Cougar by Keystone 35' Toy hauler. It is great but very heavy. With gas $$$ it is holding us back from going places. Measurements are good for loading the bike into truck bed and being able to tow trailer saving almost 3000 pounds. Not to mention kids are getting too old to camp with mom and dad downsizing is not a bad thing. So CWIT are you saying they do not have a sewer hose storage area. How could they design something with no consideration for it.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

i dont think cwit has seen a slingshot yet. he just built a better holder for his trailer. it sounds like mwebber (mike) is the only one around here who has seen one. i store one in my bumper(25') and i keep a smaller one in a plastic tote with a bunch of fittings and my clear elbow for flushing out. so tell us what was your impression of it. i also noticed in some photos online that the cabinets were not solid black. like i said before its growing on me. i'm not in the market for a new trailer right now, plus we need all the room we can get. so its not a good fit for us.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

On the particular unit I looked at the color was dark walnut (black) with the inserts being a stainless steel looking material. There was a single alum. step, the unit sat very low to the ground so the single step was adequate. Inside, at 6'3" I had to duck as I walked under the light fixtures. The quality of assembly was on par with other Crossroads products. Most of the fixtures and systems were standard issue products you'd see in the lightweight/entry market. The seating was a bit uncommfotable (padding wise) on the inside counch.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
New Camper

The thing is there is no rear bumper. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and inquire further. There is no black in the cabinets they are a deep walnut finish. It is quite nice and different from any other we have seen. One thing that bothered me was the low counter height and since my husband already has a bad back and he does most of the cooking! I was concerned it would be uncomfortable. We did like that there is extra room behind the stove top and sink for coffeemaker, toaster, etc. The sink is nice and big but deep and that adds to the low height I guess I'll be doing clean up! He said if the sink became a problem he could modify it by raising it up (he's a cabinetmaker!) Here we go with modifications! It does not come with an oven just a microwave. We liked the open seating of the dinette area it gives a more open feel. The cushions would be easy clean up being some type of soft vinyl. The color scheme is latte or chocolate and cream color. You can't see from the brochure but there is accent lighting on the far side of the stove top and right side of the settee which is a nice touch it runs vertical. Whew I am sure there are other things we liked and disliked but it gives you an idea.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

It doesn't have a rear bumper as a weight conservation. The lack of bumper gives it a bit of a more contemporary/utilitarian look in my opinion. The sight of the exposed chassis and crossmembers is really appealing over the typical look of 4"x4" horizontal bumpers and does give the rear a distinctive look. I can't recall the exact savings for the bumper elimination, but I recollect a number in the 70-80lb range. There is a sidewall compartment for a septic hose, so no worries about the storage elimination from the bumper.

Consider that CrossRoads is currently constructing a product that can be accommodated by many of the new crossovers and micro SUVs. This is a vehicle market that likely will not disappear in our lifetimes. When the auto market transitions towards uni-body construction and powertrains with minimal torque curves, the RV market has to adapt to sustain profit-ability. CrossRoads was bright enough to lean towards the right product at the right time. Yes, minimizing the features list becomes necessary, but frankly, I think there is absolutely nothing in the market that comes close to competing.

21' x 8' with comfortable bedding for 4/5
A 2-door refrigerator
A comfortable sized tub/shower
Microwave (optional convection microwave)
Ducted A/C
A full furnace
Truly adequate exterior storage
Solid cabinetry... and lots of it
Massive windows
All for 3000lbs!

Where else can you find it? This line, by far, attracts the most interest for us. The sales numbers are really good for the season, and we're finding distinctively legitimate sales with minimal wasted time. I'm betting huge that the Slingshot becomes a top 3 seller in the industry before the close of the 2011 model year.

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

We saw the Slingshot at the Ottawa RV show and talked to Rudy about it. It is a very nice well put together trailer for a light weight entry level trailer. It shows the Crossroads quality. I can definately see where there would be a market for them. The colors do not look as bad in person, it is not as dark as the photo's look.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

I have not seen one in real life either.

I did take a look..on the one it had the white/cream color back cushions for the couch. I was like...eek no way. Can you tell I am a mom of 5 kids. White/camping and kids do not mix.

The dark walnut is okay. But not my current style. I think if I lived in a less rain/gray skies climate..then I would not mind the darker interior. Since I do not..I try to keep things on the lighter spectrum...(except white..that does not count..LOL)

jemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #16
Seasonal Camper

The dark interior is not that dark at all, I didnt like it in the pictures myself, but after I seen 3 of them at the local RV show, they are alot brighter looking inside than whatyou see in the pictures. The darkness wasnt even an issue, andI went into it knowing, and expecting it to be really dark inside, but it wasnt at all. I wa really surprized that it wasnt dark.

It was a nice entry unit and well thought out, IMO, because of the class that it is trying to break into. Heck where else can you get a pretty much full size trailer that is towable with a smaller SUV or Minivan?

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #17
New Camper

Hello everyone,

We are in the market for a new lightweight and saw the Slingshot at 2 recent shows. I admit I love it because it does not look like every other trailer out there. And what other company is offering a 27 ft for under 4,000 lbs?? Plus, the bathroom is HUGE. Storage seems more than adequate for the 2 of us.

We're trading in our Coleman popup and getting a few upgrades - rear bumper (from what the dealer said, this is a very common request on the orders he's taking for the Slingshot), screen door, AC, upgraded bed and convection oven instead of a standard micro. The convection oven will be put below the cooktop because its deeper and a cupboard put where the micro is in the model.

We've been reading up on Crossroads (thanks to all for the great posts in other threads!) and like what we see. My main issues are cosmetic. The interior we've seen is the "Latte" which is leather upholstery (dealer swore it is real leather), and all brown, cream, and dark stain. Curtains and linens are also brown/cream. No color at all. When it is ours, I will be definitely swapping out the bedspread in something perhaps in a solid burgundy color, maybe the privacy curtains also. Just for a pop of color.

Other than that, I like the dark finish of the cabinets. Not a fan of oak, so it works for me. Be warned that we were told there is literally no wood in this trailer - everything is constructed of composite material /aluminum. Still 16"stud construction so it felt very solid and tight. But if you're into doing a lot of mods, you may to check.

Overall we love it and are very excited to find a unit this size in this weight class. I'll keep posting as we progress in our purchasing process

Gail and Mike

Exploring the Northeast & beyond

02 Coleman Westlake popup

02 Nissan XTerra

With a Crossroads Slingshot hopefully on our horizon soon...
gala62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Well,I guess I'm sharing this with a rather small audiance. Anyway, I'm selling my Airstream Basecamp and we've been looking close at the Slingshot by Crossroads and the Visa by Gulfstream. Hands down, my wife likes the SlingShot for cabinet space and layout...the big thing is the walk around queen bed. I personally like the color combos and the ligh weight of the product. We're looking at the "GT26RL" and Crossroads sent me an e-mail and said with all the options, it would weight in about 3650 lbs.Thats just about perfect for my Buick Enclave with 4500 Lb tow package. They are just going into prduction so the dealer won't have it for some weeks. We looked at the GT24RL at

the Camper Clinic in Buda Texas which was sold. The bed arrangement wasn't what she wanted.

If you have heard any other info on the Slingshot...pls post.
martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #19
New Camper

Has anyone on purchased a GT24RL yet? We are considering trading in our Rockwood Roo for a full hard shell. We had been toying with the idea as our family has grown and changed a little but seemed to be coming to the point of new camper = new camper and new truck. This would save us from a double purchase and we are looking for your feedback on how it feels to tow, and the comfort.

Thanks

Evan0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Just purchased a GT26RL yesterday at Camper Clinic in Buda, Texas, near Austin. About a 2.5 hr drive from Houston. There is no Slingshot dealer in or around Houston. We've been looking at the Heartland Edge and the Slingshot primarily due to tow weight...I have a Buick Enclave with factory tow option at 4500lb. The certified weight from Crossroads factory including options is under 3600lbs.

My wife preferred the Slingshot due to the layout and I can't disagree, We both life the Latte colors and the large rear window. The bedroom is seprated from the kitchen and living area by the bathroom with doors on both sides.

This was the 1st GT 26 the dealer has received. I'm told the factory just started delivering them. There is a GT27RL on the lot with a entertainment island the seperates the bedroom from the living area, and the TV can be swiveled around to the bedroom side as needed. The bathroom is in the back. We preferred the GT26RL layout.

We go to pick it up Saturday and get the walk thru then. I can report more after that if anyone is interested.
martinto is offline   Reply With Quote