Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello group! New CTX owner and first time posting here. Last week I ordered a 2012 CTX CF25RBX, I’ve camped all my life but this is the first 5<SUP>th</SUP> wheel I’ve owned. It’s going to be a few weeks before I can pick-up/or see the camper so I’m trying to rig my truck without having any real dimensions regarding the king pin height, king pin extension and its relation to the nose of the rig. Does anyone have a 2012 CTX CF25RBX or know if a 2011 CTX CF25RBX would be identical? I could really use some help. Let me know if you would be willing to take some measurements for me? Thanks again Daryl<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
Daryl-Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
New Camper

To Help clarify I made a diagram:<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

I looking for dimensions:

A=

D=

E=

F=

G=

B and C of course is my truck, I have those. "G" I believe is 96" but I'm not 100% certain. Is "E" in back of the king pin (like my sketch) or infront ofthe king pin?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
hhh
Seasonal Camper

The 2011 will be the same. Standard height of the pin (A) is 43.5". The pin actually extends in front of the front cap of the trailer. The rest there is nothing you can do about. You have to mount the hitch so the pin is centered or maybe 1" ahead of the rear axle. If you have a short bed truck you may have to get a slider hitch for turning clearance. If the truck is too high you can lower the hitch or raise the pinbox. If there is not enough side rail clearance you'll have to flip the trailer's axles. What truck do you have? People here who have the same truck can tell if you will have any problems.

Edited by: hhh
https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I agree with HHH. Mount the hitch according to instructions (mine is 3/4" in front of axle centerline) and adjust the height after you get the rig. You may be over-thinking this for now. Depending on your truck you may have to tow slightly nose up due to bed rail clearance. You will be able to adjust the pinbox and/or hitch to meet your needs.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
New Camper

The truck I have (I will edit my signature to include this, sorry) is a 2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab SB (6'6").

Thanks for the info thus far. FYI I ordered my rig through a dealer out of state and I need to prepare my truck (the best I can) prior to heading down there. I realize that I'm not going to be able to simply show up, back-up, connect and drive away. What I am really trying to do is determin if I really need a slider system or not.I am hoping to install the BW Turnover and the 5th Wheel Companion system. I really would like to keep my truck bed clean for use when not towing and I like how the system is very handy to remove. There doesn't apear to be too many 5th wheel slider systems with "under bed" mounting that don't cost $2000.

The 2011 CF25RKX that I seen in person a few weeks back anda photo I have of a 2012 CTX 25RBXsure appeared to have the king pin behind the nose (not side) of the unit.

Stan on paper I was planing to set it so that my king pin is about 1 inch infront of the rear axel. Thiswould leave me with 43" from the king pin to the back of my cab.

Thank again I hope this help why I'm "over thinkng it"
Old 04-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
hhh
Seasonal Camper

You might be right on the 25RBX on the pin, the front does appear to be a

bit behind the pin. But as you can see by the below picture, it may not be easy to see how the clearance will be until you hookup because of the design of the front cap. It bulges out but that bulge may be above the truck cab. I'll defer to someone else who has the same setup.

Edited by: hhh
https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Six foot bed I would got with a slider hitch I did not and was sorry... Get the hitch installed, and let the dealer finish adjusting the height when you pick up the unit

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
New Camper

Goood call folks great advice!!
jponyboyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
All good advice. Adjusting the height isn't hard and the dealer can do it when you arrive. The hitchlocation in the bed of the truck is determined by the hitch and instructions not the 5th wheel your towing.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote