Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We took delivery of our Zinger 25SB on St Patrick's day. This is our 2nd trailer, our first was a tiny little 16 foot Roadrunner. This is really a mansion in comparison! We have had it out a couple of week ends already. So far we LOVE it!!
We have have already signed up for the factory rally in July, and are really looking forward to meeting some Crossroads owners. We live in north eastern Illinois (near Great America) and wonder if there are any rally's in the Midwest area other than the factory, of course.

Thanks - glad to have found this forum.

https://www.bethmansales.com/images/zingerford.jpg
jbethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and the CrossRoads family. Enjoy the new camper and don't be afraid to as questions.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Joy,
Welcome to the forum and I have heard there is a rally in Minnesota sometimes...other than that I haven't seen any others in the midwest so far. We have been out 2 weekends also and leave on Saturday for a week in Carmel, IN outside of Indianapolis. My wife has business there and I will just be relaxing and seeing how everything goes with a weeklong trip. Even though we will have a full hookup, I am tempted to fill the tank and see how the water lasts with both of us showering every morning as I will have to drive her to work and pick her up. If she is good with it I may try it or maybe not. Either way looking forward to a weeklong trip to see how it goes. We will look for you at the Rally as we are going a day early and staying a day later...we are in 51, no sewer hookup as all the full sites were taken by the time we signed up. No big deal as long as we have electricty that's all that really counts.

Again, welcome aboard,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new trailer!! From one zinger owner to another...

Parma Heights, Ohio

2012 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew(ECOBOOST)

2012 Zinger 26BL

https://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_2798-1.jpg
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you are in my neck of the woods! Enjoy the camper!
AvyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Hello, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Zinger. May it bring you many happy camping trips.

tator- we usually hook up but leave all black/grey connections closed and only open as needed. This allows us to keep some water in the black tank to avoid the dreaded stone mountain that can build up and it allows us to see how quickly we can fill a grey tank. Once the grey tank is reading full or if it is 2/3 and someone is getting ready to take a shower, then DH will go and drain it. We can usually go the entire 3 day stay without having to worry about the black tank levels for our family of 3.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Jbethman: Welcome to the forum. YOu are the first with a 25SB that I know of and that is the camper we have (purchased last October). We've had it out only once, last weekend. We could collaborate on modifications, improvements, changes we've made; if any. We are adding a "fold-away" table to the living room side back wall of the closet in the bedroom. We will be able to lift it up, pull a leg out to support it and have a table there. Then, we can collapse it before moving the slide back in. I have already removed the panel under the sink that covers the water pump, added a piece of plywood backing to make it thicker and re-installed it with the same clips that hold the drawers shut and added two handles so now I can just pull off the panel without taking out those 6 screws.

Bathroom is a bit cramped, isn't it??
Oh, we make sure we leave the bathroom door open when traveling so, if we need to get into the bathroom while on the road, we can get into it. With the slide in and the door closed, there is no way we can squeeze into the bathroom to use the facilities.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations and welcome to the family and forum! May your new camper bring you many great memories and adventures!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Welcome! and congrats on the new camper...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbethman
We took delivery of our Zinger 25SB on St Patrick's day. This is our 2nd trailer, our first was a tiny little 16 foot Roadrunner. This is really a mansion in comparison! We have had it out a couple of week ends already. So far we LOVE it!!
We have have already signed up for the factory rally in July, and are really looking forward to meeting some Crossroads owners. We live in north eastern Illinois (near Great America) and wonder if there are any rally's in the Midwest area other than the factory, of course.

Thanks - glad to have found this forum.

Congrats on the new toy.. The only CR rally I know of in these parts is the factory rally. I know there was one member who planned a rally with SOB out near Belvidere / Marengo area a couple of years ago, but I haven't seen a post from Mike in a while so who knows?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

HI,
We are in site 23 at the rally. Same deal, water and electric - but as you said, it is all good.

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. We will hunt you down. We may be coming in a day early, too. Waiting on some work schedules to be sure.

We are going to Bong State park next week end, just to play with our "new toy" Hope the weather is nicer than it has been.

Regards,
Joy

Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

HI,
Glad to meet you! We love the 25sb, but you are right, the bath is sorta cramped. Your idea for the water panel is a great one - that set us is a bit strange.

The bathroom on the road issue is crazy. We over came this by cutting 2 inches off the bottom of the bathroom door. Our last trailer had about 6 inches of clearance under the door for heat and ventilation. I was seriously surprised that the Zinger did not. It is a hollow core door, so my handy dandy husband cut off 2 inches, then peeled off the veneer from the bottom frame which was in that 2 inch cut, and slide it up into the hollow bottom of the door. Glued it and nailed into side frame, and viola - finished bottom of door just like new, but now swings past the carpet of slide. It is really nice to be able to get in, and CLOSE the bathroom door when traveling. I am surprised that the standard is not with the shorter door (also allows some heat or air conditioning to get into the bathroom)

We decided that we wanted shelves in the "shirt closets" by the bed. Hubby just finished those last night. Only other thing so far, is putting led light in the under bed storage so you can see what you are looking for. Also in the pass through outside storage.

Your table idea is pretty neat, too. I have a business and do need to work when we travel, so that may be an idea for me!

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Joy