Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Things like this is why I left crossroads and Thor. They have had this problem for years and won' t fix it. To have to pay for a roof inspection while under warranty is even worst. It tells me they know they have the problem so let' t charge the customer for it.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

I didnt say it wasnt covered. Crossroads warranty covers everything, but only for a year. Just like the frame from lippert. The roofing material from Alpha systems has a longer warranty and is covered by those manufactures, usually thru Crossroads. My year is up, so I doubt they will cover the metal piece coming undone under the rubber roof, However Lynn was nice a enough to ask me to send pictures and an estimate and he would see what he can do. As far as I see Crossroads is trying to help

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

X2 on working with Lynn and customer service.

They did me right on warranty work.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwit View Post
Things like this is why I left crossroads and Thor. They have had this problem for years and won' t fix it. To have to pay for a roof inspection while under warranty is even worst. It tells me they know they have the problem so let' t charge the customer for it.

It's never good to hear when someone on the forum has had so many issues they switched brands, but I've not had that experience.

I did my own 6 mo. inspection (documented the work) and subsequently had roof warranty work done no questions asked.

It is the up to the dealers on what they charge for warranty inspections, not Crossroads.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Two ways to repair;; remove the side molding, remove the rubber end tacks, roll-up the top , take off the lifted tacks holding the aluminium foil , replace the tacks with short screws. roll-down the rubber, tack or better use short screws to hold down the rubber end on the side, put new grey putty, cover with molding and screw it down.
Theeasy way ;; cut the top with an exacto at each lifted tack, through the cut pull the lifted tack, replace with a short screw, clean the slit sides and seal with dicor of which you canput a dab throiugh the slit. I will use the easy way when the first tack decides to pierce the rubber.