Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a ZT-32SB. Now that it is fall, I am reminded once again that there is no heating duct in the bathroom. On a cool fall morning, it really is uncomfortable. My old '92 Terry Resort had a small circular heat duct...and the bathroom was like heaven. Only plus side is that my wife and daughter don't seem to hog the bath in the morning.

Funny thing is, the furnace is directly next to the bath on the same side of the RV. Has anyone modded a 32SB to have heat in the bath? Is this something common with other Zinger models?

2006 Zinger 32SB
CamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Both our Cruiser and our Paradise Pointe had poor heating when we got them. Here are a couple of things to check. The heating unit has some blanks where you can add additonal vents and you should check to make sure one or more has not come off or is about to come off. I bought a roll of aluminum heating/AC ducted tape from Home Depot and sealed our heating unit up with it. Turn your heater on and while the fan is running run your hand around it and check for air leaks then seal them up.

Next check all the connections where the ducts meet the vents and make sure you don't have any air leaks there. The unit is small to begin with so any air leaks will keep you from getting all the heat you should.

I bought a couple of adjustable floor vents from Home Depot and installed them in the living area which is where most of our air flow was. I can now shut them off which redirects the warm air up to the bedroom/bath area. Westill get plenty of warmair in the living area with them closed off. If you have room under the flooring to get to the heater and the bathroom you could install another heater vent in there. If your heater has a spare blank you could run it from there or T into a vent hose close to the bathroom. Just a few things you can check. Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I have owned 3 crossroads 5th wheels and none have any heat or or a/c in the stool room....maybe they don't want you to spend any more time in there that what is needed

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Some thing on my large 5th wheel. I end up leaving the door open overnight so the heat from the room can get in there. That way, first thing in the morning you can close the door on a warm room.

CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Unfortunately with our TT, we can't leave the door open to the bath. We have the bunkroom model, and the swing configuration of the bath and bunkroom doors is awkward to the point that the bathroom door is always kept closed. Too bad Crossroads didn't use a pocket door for the bunkroom.

2006 Zinger 32SB
CamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Our first unit was a Zinger, The first winter we discovered no heat in the bath room, the next fall I cut a opening in the door and placed a grill opening over it, The bad thing never got to try it out, took the unit in for service, and DW walked out with a fifth wheel Cruiser. I think that the grill would have worked. The other thing is to put a ceramic heater in there out of the way, when you take a shower remove it.

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperBob
I have a ZT-32SB. Now that it is fall, I am reminded once again that there is no heating duct in the bathroom. On a cool fall morning, it really is uncomfortable.

My ZT19RD doesn't have a heater in the bathroom either - or A/C. We bought it this summer. The bathroom was HOT. We took to leaving the door open and leaving the vertical oscillating fan blowing into it on each bypass. That helped considerably. Now that nights are getting cold, we'll do the same thing. If the bathroom is still too chilly I have a small light cheap electric heater from Wally World we can set on the counter and leave "on" at the lowest setting. We're paying for electricity at the CGs so may as well use it. We'll only use the furnace when the electric heaters can't do the job or no electric is available.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to waylonfn
My 2008 Zinger 30-BH has a duct in the bathroom, in fact, that room gets the most heat. Will run you out of there fast. Was thinking of trying to replace the vent plate with one that we can control the air flow to cool it down just a little.

Brent
waylonfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylonfn
My 2008 Zinger 30-BH has a duct in the bathroom, in fact, that room gets the most heat. Will run you out of there fast. Was thinking of trying to replace the vent plate with one that we can control the air flow to cool it down just a little.

Brent
That's what I would do if I were you. Lowe's and Home Depot have nice ones that are adjustable. I just saw them there yesterday as we walked around the store.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

I have the 30bh & have a vent in the bathroom, if the heat is on, it will be a oven in the bathroom in no time
11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Regarding the bathroom sauna in the 30BH, I did pick up an adjustable floor vent at a parts store in Apache Junction, AZ last April. Solved the problem. Now more heat directed to the main vents and bathroom just right. Friend and neighbor Roz picked up four for his 27RB at Home Depot.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote