Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
New Camper

I am new to the forum and looking for some feedback. My wife and are are planning to upgrade from a class C to a 2012 Rushmore 35SB 5th wheel. We do a lot of long weekends and usually take 1 or 2 long trips (5 - 7 weeks) per year. We are loading it up somewhat - Roto-Flex pin box, awning toppers, fireplace, king bed (we have 2 dogs and a cat) double door refer w/ ice maker, and best of all, the Level-Up 6 point leveling system.

Are there any folks out there that have this model and would care to make some comments about it (good and/or bad)?
tx1308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have been looking at the Rushmore 34SB and 35RL. They are well built trailers with some good insulation vaules. We would not get a double door fridge because my wife prefers the storage space but would get the Level-Up system, dual pane windows and most other options. Since you are in TexasI would stongly suggest the second AC unit. What dealership have you been dealing with?
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

TX

We have a 2011 36SB Seville and love it but after seeing the Rushmore, I wish it had been available when we were shopping. We have the moveable island counter and if that is something you are considering, I would advise against it. It is a PITA.

I plan to visit the factory this summer and have the LevelUp system installed on mine. I have added it to my must have list for any future 5ers.

I also would highly recommend the2nd AC and if it is an option I would get the heatpump model for both. If we had the heatpump with our fireplace, we would rarely use propane for heat. I would also prefer to have the electric tank heaters so that I wouldn't have to run the propane heater to prevent tank freeze up.

FWIW, I have an F350 SWD 4X4 Diesel and it has no problem hauling the load. Mileage sucks but that is to be expected.

Didnt mean to run on so will shut up now.

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Unfortunately heatpumps are not an option on the Rushmore line.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
Unfortunately heatpumps are not an option on the Rushmore line.
Bummer!

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

So Keith, Rushmore by the rally????

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Just kicking the tires on a few units right now.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

WE HAVE A 35RL AND ARE USING IT FOT THREE MONTHS ON FL RIGHT NOW. WE HAVE TAKEN SEVERAL WEEKEND TRIPS PRIOR AND LOVE IT. AS YOU HAVE DONE, WE HAVE IT LOADED AS WELL.

THERE EWE A FEW ISSUES BUT NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE. YOU HAVE TO BE SURE THAT THE FLAP ON THE LEFT SIDE REFRIGERATOR DOOR EXTENDS ALL THE WAY AS THE RIGHT SIDE DOOR WILL NOT PROPERLY SEAL AND YOUR TEMP WILL NOT COME DOWN. ALSO, THE KEYLESS DOOR LOCK WILL NEED A NEW BATTERY EVERY 2 MONTHS REGARDLESS OF USE. bENSURE TO HAVE A KEY OUTSIDE SOMEWHERE SO YOU DON'T LOCK YOURSELF OUT.

THERE ARE OTHER LITTLE THINGS THAT YOU WILL FIND OUT AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME. ALSO, RANDY AT CROSSROADS IS VERY HELPFUL IF YOU GET IN A JAM.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW 5TH.
mhodge5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

X2 on the fridge flap!! Don't have keyless entry, have Intelli-Jacks, and now a washer/dryer.

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

We just hauled our new 34SB (moveable island, awnings toppers, second battery,roto flex pin box, keylessentry, fireplace)last Friday in a snow storm and I must admit that I was surprised by the light weight and how it handles on the road. I expected a bigger difference compared to the former cruiser 305SP.

At time of delivery during the inspection, the technician had to change a few leds, a fantastic control switch, tight a few trims but overall I find the coach well built and more solid than the cruiser. We will be heading to SC in a week and will give it a real test. With temperature below zero C on Saturday morning the furnace did its job very quietly and warmed the unit in 20 minutes.

The features we really like are the lighted entry, night walking lights built-in, all the natural light getting in the kitchen and living room. I converted the topside storage of the TV center into asmallcloset for our jackets and we will be using the bottom side storage for shoes.

2009 Silverado Duramax 2500HD
North_Bay 34SB is offline   Reply With Quote