Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I noticed many small vertical cracks in my power awning on the material that is exposed when it is rolled up. The trailer is only 8 months old. Called CrossRoads and they sent me to Dometic, who told me to take it to a dealer....fun, fun, fun.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I know it wasn't popular for me to say this on another thread about slide topper's but A&E awning/topper material is very thin and not of the greatest quality. I much prefer Carefree of Colorado.

I would get a shop to evaluate the awning and have THEM contact Crossroads directly, just becuase Crossroads installed a A&E product that doesn't absolve them from responsibility to correct issues on components they have installed.

Sunnybrook started doing that to customer's - passing the buck to suppliers. If you visit the former owner's website you will find out how well that's worked out for them (not well!).
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We have the power awning on our PP which we really like but I am not fond of the vinyl material that it came with. I think at some point we will replace the fabric with the Carefree of Colorado PolyWeave or the Acrylic with the aluminum cover to protect it from the sun when rolled up. I am with Mike, I am not really keen on the A&E material on our awning or slide out covers.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote