Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

By the way, they are not JUST pieces of angle iron, they are a lovely shade of painted black!
Jakejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Dont give up. Did you install them at all? I already emailed the rep from Crossroads that I am dealing with and told her about your kit you got. I told her that I would not settle for something that does not actually solve the problem. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. What state are you from? If you call them they will transfer you to the rep that takes care of your state.
cpobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

No didn't install them at all, and am thinking of giving up, need to have some time to camp and not waste on trying to get this problem fixed! There was no way of installing them, when the angle iron was exactly the same size as the middle legs, they could not go on either the inside or outside of them and the leg unit on the foot of the bed is round. I am actually from Alberta, Canada.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Just to add to this circus, the height difference on the mid-point legs is 5", so if I add the "supposed fix legs" to the bed legs, adding the necessary 5", the first time a person was to fold the bed up, if you weren't careful and paying attention, you would tear the leather on the couch, as there is only about 3" clearance between the existing legs and the couch while folding! The "mickey mouse" couch supplier didn't even test these kits before sending them out, they just tried to get away as cheap as possible, no matter if it worked or not! Disappointed with Crossroads, have sent them 2 emails, and still have yet to get any sort of reply!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

If you call them and ask for the Rep. for Illinois it may be better than email. She is collecting complaints on this issue and forwarding them to her boss. I told them the other day that if my door handle breaks on my Toyota, they do not make me go through the comapny who made my door handle so why am I having to go through Lippert? I told them they need to step up and take care of their customers and deal with Lippert themselves.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #26
New Camper

cpobst and Jakejack -- just wondering how this problem resolved itself? My husband and I are looking at a 2011 25RB and noticed the bed had this problem. We also looked at a 2012 model and don't recall the bed doing this. What year are your trailers? Was this issue ever resolved to your satisfaction?
sahedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

I recommend not buying one with a problem sofa. They tried for twomonths to get the "kit" to fix the problem. I called crossroads and complained to them and they were no help. I even alerted them to this forum post on their website and it did not help. My dealer ended up swapping out couches for me on a newer unit.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 AM   #28
Weekend Camper

Or print the posts from this forum and take them to your dealer and have them replace the sofa before you sign any papers on the 2011. Other than this problem, its a great TT.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

I 100% totally agree with the earlier posts! The supposed "fix" that they came up with was a complete joke! As per previous posting, our dealer finally ended up swapping couches from a newer model. And likewise, I agre, other than the bed issue, we are enjoying our TT also.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #30
New Camper

Thanks guys, that's helpful to know.
sahedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

has this been fixed for the 2012 models?

2010 ST29QB

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...in/TVsetup.jpg

gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
Weekend Camper

From what my dealer told me, it is only a problem on the 11's.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #34
New Camper

We have that spring air mattress that lays on the sofa and the floor. The first time we used it, it leaked. Crossroads provided a warranty air mattress. I know this one will not last. This is the worst design Crossroads came up with. I tried to get a hide-a-bed and pay the difference. The Crossroads Rep said no way. This is our first RV and last Crossroads. Everyone says that the Crossroads product is the best and the warranty is superb. I disagree. No more Crossroads RVs for us. Disgruntled owner.

2008 Ford F250 Power Stroke

2010 Crossroads Cruiser 26RKX
Dwight & Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
Full Time Camper

I had an issue with the same type air mattress under warranty. CR promptly replaced the mattress but it was incorrect. Another was sent, a very heavy one! It has a separate air pump, something the original did not. This new one is very comfortable, easy to inflate/deflate.

Being a first time owner I have nothing to measure the CR quality against. I cannot fault them for quality. A few things needed warranty repair all of which were done quickly. CR customer service has been good. If I have a complaint it is that Randy 's intervention is needed too often.I just think that when you have a 8,000 lb + house bouncing down the road you will have "issues".

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #36
New Camper

Hi, bought our 30re last year and became aware of this issue, but as fall approached it kind of fell to the bottom of my to do list. With camping season starting up I was wondering if there is any updates around this issue and the elusive "kit" availability.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #37
Weekend Camper

Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #38
Weekend Camper

My dealer got me a new couch since CrossRoads would not fix the problem.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
New Camper

Nice... I bought in Michigan and have the trailer in Canada, I don't think that is going to happen in my case.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #40
Weekend Camper

From what others have said, all CrossRoads does is send you pieces of angle iron for you to attach to the current round bar legs. You will probably be better off just making blocks to put under the legs to level it. That is what I was going to do instead of their fix. Then my dealer came through for me.