Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello everyone!,
The Wife and I just picked up our first camper ever, a new 2013 elevation 3612 toy hauler, last week. We are really happy with it so far and after the walk through at the dealer on delivery have only noticed minor issues (driver side front landing gear a little crooked, some trim was loose, the livingroom & kitchen slides hit eachother at the base of the pantry and trim was broken there). Oh, and I managed to remove the rear ladder while pulling out of my driveway and clipping it on our front fence. .
I think these are all easy fixes for the most part. Our first trip is this weekend and we will be able to really test everything out then.

BTW:
It pulled great behind our 2012 F350 SRW 4x4 with B&W OEM companion hitch. It rides a little high in front, even with the pin receiver adjusted all the way down, due to my leveling kit, but I think I can raise the pin box one notch and be fine.
I will report back after our first three night trip.
Any suggestions, tips, ideas regarding this unit or 5th wheeling in general will be greatly appreciated.
I'll also be happy to answer any questions regarding the camper and our experience with it.

Thanks!
5thwheelnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to m zoll
Remember you need 6" between camper and bedrail.
Have a safe and Fun trip

1999 F350 crew Dually,power stroker

2006 mk34 cross terrian toyhauler
m zoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
New Camper

Hi M Zoll<

Thanks. Yep, when we got it I had the hitch all the way up and had 9 1/2 inches clearance at the tailgate. I lowered it all the way and now I have 7 1/2 inches.. I want to adjust the pinbox now to get closer to level and keep 6 inches clearance. That should get the rig pretty close to level with rear airbags inflated.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Have had our 3612 for almost a month. So far no major issues yet. Have had a problem with light switch for front cap lights by battery compartment shorting out and blowing the fuse. Finally found the bad part causing the short this weekend. Have to call them Monday, noticed the door lock for one of the bathroom doors is broke.

Hope that this new schwinteck slide system holds up, seems a little weak to me, guess time will tell.

Congratulations on your purchase, keep us updated how things go.
2wheelglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
New Camper

So we spent 3 days in the new rig with no major problems. Found out that the water heater works only on gas even though there is a switch that says "water heater electric". Using this switch does not give us hot water.The tv antenna will not rotate and I'm assuming there is some sealant that is causing it to stick. Couldn't find a thing wrong with the unit other than that.I'm really impressed so far!