Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Ton
New Camper

Winterize a 33 BD

just yesterday closed the trailer a 2014 for the first time, first blew the lines then bi passed and filled with antifreze, my question is with the santi flush.... I unhooked the line under the sink and let it drain basically from the outside valve to the cabinet will it the water in the santi flush line Gravity flow out into the black tank or should I have blown this line as well because I forgot to do so and now the trailer is 2 hours away
Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

If there is a low spot in the plumbing, water will sit there and freeze. You have to make the decision as to whether spending the fuel and time is worth your peace of mind and to prevent possible damage.

As an aside, I used to blow the lines out. Then I bought a small "emergency sump pump". I bought a short drinking rated hose, stick the pump down in a bucket and keep the bucket full of RV anti-freeze while I pump it through all the lines in the trailer.

Since it is under pressure, I can push anti-freeze all throughout the plumbing. Every line, valve, low spot, ie: anywhere water can sit will have anti-freeze. I am glad I did as it got to 20 below 0 F. here last winter.

The pressure is not so high as to damage the plumbing, but it lets you run anti-freeze through everywhere you can hook a hose.

I even use the pump to push RV anti-freeze into my power washer valves and hose/nozzle, etc.

Of course, I ran some bleach water through the pump before using it the first time and sanitize it yearly.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Ton
New Camper

Agree 100% with what you are saying.my question is from under the cabinet where I have unhooked the santi flush line does it run directly to the black tank , visually it is running directly down to underneath the trailer , thanks for the reply.
Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

All I was really trying to say also, is who knows about yours.

If they plumbed a low spot on yours, it wouldn't be the same as someone else's. Every one of these trailers is not exactly the same. People have tried to find blueprints and such to trace the electrical lines etc and nothing like that has been found.

So who can say ?

On ours, they wired the slide with a harness too long so it grabbed the black water tank handle and ripped it out. Of course the factory didn't believe it.

So, again, without pulling enough of the structure apart to physically see it, who knows.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote