Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
New Camper

I plan on going to a Detroit Tigers game in Cincinnati in June. I'mlooking for a campground/rv parkthat is less then an hour north of Cincinnati. Thanks

2010 Expedition 4x4
tigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
New Camper

I just looked it up in my Navigator program and there are quite a few within 20-30 mi north of Cincinnati. Never stayed in any of them, but the info about them in the program looks good. There is Cedarbrook, Cross's, Frontier, Olive Branch, East Fork,... lots more. If you have any specific requirements let me know and I can look them up for you.
Victor213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

We live about45 minutes north of the stadiums in Cincinnati. There are quite a few cgs in the area.I don't have many names but I will say this. Since Cinciis right in the corner by KY and INsomething there would be close also. In KY something that is close to 71/75 or 471 would give you fairly quick access into the downtown and stadium area. Indiana is close if you use 74 to get into downtown. Winton Woods is a Hamilton County (Ohio)park that is right in the middle of a residential area called Greenhills. It is a nice little cg.I would guess you are 30-40 minutes from the ballpark from there. It is quiet and they have a small lake with paddleboats, playgrounds, basketball hoops. We have stayed there a few times just to do a little weekend camping.There is also a Bass Pro Shop about10-15 minutes from there. Steamboat Bend is also a good possibility for you. We have never stayed there in fact I justheard about this place but it looks pretty good. Here are a couple of links to the cgs Steamboat Bend Winton Woods

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for all the info.. I'll start looking into it soon.

2010 Expedition 4x4
Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
New Camper

I just wanted to post a follow-up in regards to my campground question. We are currently staying at Cedarbrook Campground in Lebanan, OH. This is a very nice campground, and I would recommend it to anyone. And best of all, the Tigers won the ball game today. It's also very close to Kings Island. Again, thanks to all for the recommendations.

2010 Expedition 4x4