Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
New Camper

Elevation 3616 slide problems

We bought a new 2014 3616 in March and it has been in the shop over half the time. The living room slide was scraping on the bottom when we bought it. The dealer repaired it. We went on two trips and the slide began dragging on the bottom when extended or retracted. It has been in the shop since July 8. They told me today that CR had sent them a roller kit for it. Has anyone experianced this? Does anyone have a number for Crossroads? The coach is excellent for us and we plan to use it for many years if we can get this sorted out.
txbob1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I have a 3912 and the rollers just collapsed on mine too, destroying the linoleum flooring. CR warrantied the entire linoleum floor of the camper.

Note: The cause was the rollers coming away from the wooden framing. My dealer has installed a large piece of steel that runs the length of the slide (attached to the camper frame) that the rollers now mount to, avoiding any further issues.

Very dissappointed so far. I hope it all works out for you, your's is not the first Elevation to experience this problem.

2nd Note: My unit has been in the dealer 6 months of it's 10 month life for varying MAJOR/MINOR fixes. Crossroads has repaired/replaced everything so far under warranty.

6 months from now, I should have a pretty solid RV that I can trade...

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Sorry to hear of your issues. I bought a 3616 in January, and we have been on one trip. I do however, open my slides every two weeks to go in and check things out when it is sitting. I have only had an issue when the unit wasn't level. I tried to open the living room slide without having the jacks down, and you could tell it was binding up. So, I leveled it, and have had no other issues, yet.
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbob1000 View Post
We bought a new 2014 3616 in March and it has been in the shop over half the time. The living room slide was scraping on the bottom when we bought it. The dealer repaired it. We went on two trips and the slide began dragging on the bottom when extended or retracted. It has been in the shop since July 8. They told me today that CR had sent them a roller kit for it. Has anyone experianced this? Does anyone have a number for Crossroads? The coach is excellent for us and we plan to use it for many years if we can get this sorted out.
I also have a 2014 3616. Since my first trip the main slide always seemed to struggle to retract. It would not retract at all on one of our stops. I bought the 3616 to take my RZR 800 and motorcycle to the back country so I don't always stay a parks with concrete pads. After two hours of adjusting the slide finally closed. I took it back to the dealer and they synced the slide motors. By the way the slide control panel is hidden behind a wall in the cargo compartment. Just got it back after two months in the shop and the slides are synced but are still sluggish. I really think the main slide will continue to be a major problem if CrossRoads doesn't come out with a fix.
ODonnellke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #5
New Camper

Mine is still in the shop. They put rollers in that seem to do the job, but the flooring got scraped. Crossroads is putting new flooring in. I'm supposed to pick it up on Friday. We'll see.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Thumbs up Slide Retiming

Good video to keep around.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Old 10-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
New Camper

Got my trailer back and the rollers seem to work ok. Some of the woodwork around the slide was butchered by the dealer but I hesitate to take it back to them. I'll try to deal with future issues on my own.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

How does the heat work in your unit? Does it keep temperature even in the living area?

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

On my 3912, the heating in the living space was not even close to good enough. I had the dealer open the bottom up, cut out about 60% of the heat ducting and make the run from the furnace to the outlet as straight as possible.

The heating is now much better (not great), but I still use an electric heater when using campground 50amp.

I did try closing (literally duct taped over) the vents in the sauna hot bathroom and bedroom, but it didn't work.

Only thinng that made a difference was straightening the run from the furnace to the SINGLE outlet under the breakfast bar.

This winter, I plan to add another heat vent in the floor.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the info

2014 Elevation 3616 5er