Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 11:48 PM   #81
Weekend Camper

I am now having this issue with my 28SF, our main dining room slide got stuck in the open position and the recommended Lippert way didn't work. Luckily we were at home, so we had to have a mobile repair come out and they were e ritually able to get it in. We now have an appointment at a dealer to get it fixed. We are looking at a big repair bill, has anyone body else had this issue recently?
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #82
New Camper

Pull Out

We had many troubles with the larger pull out,the motor assembly was replaced twice so far and the floor was damaged from screws left behind when manufactured putting strain on the system.Our dealer dropped this line due to so many issues,we hope this last fix will be it for the pull out.Our trailer is a 33PB ,we like the lay out but wow,so many problems and like yours at the wrong time...
RetiredChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #83
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to kidyounger
There are a lot of lemons out there. I have a 30rk 2013 and have replaced the slide motors twice and many more problems. Don't have time to list them all and crossroads isn't much help. Never heard back from them when they said they would do something for me.
kidyounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:45 AM   #84
Weekend Camper

Out-of-sync Schwintek slide.

If your trailer has a large Schwintek slide it really needs to be as close to level as possible (side to side & front to back) before operating. If one motor is working harder than the other because of an non-level condition it will push (or pull) the slide more slowly and the 2 motors will get out of sync. The controller is designed to stop driving a motor when a certain amount of resistence is reached and once the motors are out of sync the slide will move unevenly and one side will "jam up" when that motor encounters too much resistence to continue operating. If this happens you will need to physically push the side that isn't moving while simultaneously depressing the slide button. A remote is invaluable here and allows you to do this alone, but in the absence of a remote you'll need a helper. You are just helping the slide along (moving past the resistence) so that its motor can continue to run. The motor should catch with your help and then be able to fully extend or retract on its own. It's very obvious when the motors are out of sync because the slide will probably not extend or retract evenly and one motor will continue after the other has stopped.
The lippert manual states that to resync the slide motors fully extend the slide by holding the extend button until the motors stop on their own, then retract it 2 to 3 inches and extend it again. You may need to repeat this up to three times and this should get your motors back in sync. You'll know because when you operate the slide button by holding it down and letting the motors stop on their own (this is the way Lippert recommends to always operate the slide) they will stop in sync. Don't bother trying this in an un-level unit as it will probably just "jam up" and get out of sync again. Level your trailer first.
Motors do fail, but this is worth trying first as it may save you the inconvenience of a trip to the dealer and being without your unit for a month or more.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #85
Weekend Camper

I appreciate the comments. The trailer was completely level, so that wasn't the issue. I'm still waiting for the official word from the dealer, but it appears that a bushing might've failed. The dealer said this is common with this schwintek slide problems he has seen. But the good news is that he said once it is fixed there is usually no repeat issues. I must admit I am very concerned that if it happens again while we are camping, I will be really screwed. I am even looking at new trailers, but even they have issues with schwintek slides. I am still in shock that there is no backup to getting the slide in. This seems like a major problem that continues to this day!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #86
Weekend Camper

Both sides of the schwintek slide need to be replaced, so looking at a $2,000 repair bill. This is what I get for not getting an extended warranty.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #87
Gone Traveling

My Schwintek slide system failed due to improper installation at the factory. According to the technician that rebuilt it, the hole in the side of the nit was not square and the motors were not properly supported. To fix it he installed steel plates n the wall under the motors. Periodically I have to do the procedure a few posts up to re-sync the motors. Luckily though mine was repaired under warranty.

When I first experienced problems I called Crossroads and sole to some one who said he pulled the blueprints. He said "you have a through frame slide". I had to send him a picture of the track with Schwintec printed on it before he quit arguing with me. He had no answer when I asked why the blue prints and actual build were different.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #88
Amk
Weekend Camper

stuck slide out........is there anyone here that can tell me how to get my slide out to retract..... No service tech available - remote location.
2013 sunset trail
Amk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #89
Weekend Camper

If the motor is starting but the slide won't retract you can have someone manually push the slide in while depressing the retract button. If the motors aren't coming on there's a process to reset an error condition on the slide controller (mine is located under the fireplace/tv console). The controller has instructions on it explaining how to perform the reset.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #90
Amk
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your reply - we've tried having it pushed. The motors are coming on- it makes an effort and moves about an inch and stops. We can see that it is stuck on the outside corner. We'll have a look now for the controller. Thank again- hope it works ��
Old 08-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #91
Full Time Camper

Where is you motor? Is it above the slide, with the cable system like mine is. If so, there is a tool to manually operate it with a drill.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #92
Full Time Camper

Our daughter had a similar problem, the motor was working so pushing it in manually while someone holds the button down is what worked for her.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #93
Weekend Camper

It sounds like your motors are out of sync. When pushing have the person push just on the side that is moving more slowly (stuck side). If it will go in and out a couple of inches you can try to re-sync the motors. This is done by first extending the slide all the way out and then retracting it just 2-3 inches and then extending it all the way out again. Repeat 2 or 3 times until the motors are working in unison again. Please note Lippert recommends that when extending or retracting the slide you should hold the button and allow the motors to stop on their own (except when re-syncing the motors of course). They'll stop when they sense the resistance of the slide being at the end of its run - either in or out.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #94
Amk
Weekend Camper

We've spent 2 days now trying to get some service- UNREAL......well we tried the pushing, we did the reset. Now in addition to the bunkhouse slide stuck on one side, the larger slide is twisted.

Everything is enclosed..... How can we determine if there is a manual cranking system in addition to the manual reset button?

We've spent more time on the phone telling what the problem is and where we are located than getting any assistance.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #95
Weekend Camper

Just checked the Lippert Master Component manual. It states that unplugging the slide motors from the controller will disengage the slide 'brakes' so that you'll be able to manually push in the slide (may require multiple people for a large slide room). These connectors are white plastic with multiple wires in each. There should be two identical ones for your slide room. It says to make sure you plug the motors back into the controller after the slide is in so that the 'brake/locking mechanism' will engage and keep the slide in during travel.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #96
Amk
Weekend Camper

Slide out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonDave View Post
Just checked the Lippert Master Component manual. It states that unplugging the slide motors from the controller will disengage the slide 'brakes' so that you'll be able to manually push in the slide (may require multiple people for a large slide room). These connectors are white plastic with multiple wires in each. There should be two identical ones for your slide room. It says to make sure you plug the motors back into the controller after the slide is in so that the 'brake/locking mechanism' will engage and keep the slide in during travel.

Can you help me identify where the slide motors are. Are they enclosed in the
Underbelly?
Old 08-10-2016, 01:23 PM   #97
Full Time Camper

http://youtu.be/xojUdPDWNS0

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #98
Full Time Camper

try looking under your fireplace....do not know what unit you have??? ..push the small button 6 times and hold it on the 7th push till the red lights flash and depresss the "in"button.
the motors are located inside the walls on either side of the slide on top. Accessed from the outside ,but first you have to cut the caulking that CR put on the trim. Philleps screwdriver needed. google schwintec slide fixes.
Just a reminder to all....we should all check out these videos BEFORE we go traveling as these slides do not have a crank to put them in if/when they screw up.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #99
New Camper

Found slide controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopf.mr View Post
Great forum! Thanks for all the videos and links for Schwintek Slide Out. We had not had any troubles with our slideout til last weekend. We have been searching for our Controller so we can try electronic override before trying manual override. I've seen some posts that it's under the TV....under the Fireplace..... Can anyone help with specifics, do we need to remove a panel or is it visible by swinging out TV or fireplace? Thank you in advance!!
We found ours in the closet next to the door & beside the fridge behind a false panel on the bottom shelf.
Henkelbs is offline   Reply With Quote