Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Has anybody used the 5 year warranty?

My 5th wheel is covered with the 2 + 5 warranty. I have to drive 500 miles to get this done. Is it worth the time and expense. Last year the guy at the dealer told me that the whole 5th wheel needed to be recaulked. I believe they wanted to make easy money. It did not need caulking. Has anybody on this forum used the 5 year warranty? It is due again but I am hesitant to do it. Thanks...Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

The Caulking is a maintance item and should be gone over yearly as you drive down the road there is a whole lot of vibration going on the caulkink will crack, seperate or shrink
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

5 year warranty

I agree that caulking is very important and I do maintain it. The dealer told me the whole thing needed to be redone. This was after one year after purchasing new. Quoted me 10 hours at I believe $108.00 per hour. It was a totally bizzare experience.
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I would not drive 500 miles for it.

I would get on the roof and re-caulk as needed. Look for staples coming up through the membrane.

I only have to drive 26 miles and I have it performed with the annual NYS inspection. Has some re-caulking done last year (1/2 hour labor and $20 parts) and they found 3 staples that were about to come through the roof. CrossRoads paid for the roof repairs.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:01 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

5 Year warranty

We just got back form a 3+month cross-Canada/cross US journey. On the way back, we stopped at Crossroads in Topeka. These guys were extraordinary. I would recommend a trip to the factory. They went out of their way to help us resolve issues we had with our Cruiser CRX. They even replaced the problematic axles and replaced the 4 tires. all at no charge! I would highly recommend a visit there. Besides, you are in the heart of Amish country and that alone is worth the trip.