Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #1
New Camper

Is There A Crossroads Owners Liason?

Good morning!!

I was just wondering if there is a person on this forum that is considered an owners liason? We currently are Heartland Owners and are considering a Rushmore. As Heartland Owners we have a Director of Owner Operations in our club that is the liason between the company and owners. He usually attends all the rallies and is the "go to guy" for issues, etc.

We have not made a final decision on the Rushmore - still trying to get a feel for the company and for the forum members. We are very active in the Heartland group and hope to find the same level of participation at Crossroads. We like our Heartland but we fell in love with the Washington floorplan!

THanks and happy travels
sunset4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
Site Team

I have never heard of one here on the forum.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
New Camper

It is really a great idea. They started out with Heartland Ambassadors throughout the country that attended rallies. We learned so much in the beginning from them about the heartland brand, plus lots of good general tips.

Thanks for the reply. Hope to make a decision soon on the Rushmore...
Old 05-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Great idea, but ambassaors and liasons are only as effective if the manufacturer address the issues and actually does something about it.

We don't need another talking head. Nothing turns away customers than blogs and public forums packed with negative feedback.

Just my opinion, but if Crossroads has the level of quality issues the past few years as some posters have indicated, it is time to get the dealers out of the middle of the remediation process and deal directly with those consumers with those problems.

Just look at GM. It will come back to bite you if you leave customers hanging and only the dealers to talk to.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Great idea, but ambassaors and liasons are only as effective if the manufacturer address the issues and actually does something about it.

We don't need another talking head. Nothing turns away customers than blogs and public forums packed with negative feedback.

That may be true, but it can't be said here yet because we don't have one that I know of. If it were ever to come, we should at least give it a chance and stay positive until proven otherwise.
Like the OP stated, it worked on the Heartland forum/association.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
New Camper

OhioMark I certainly agree. The liason idea is a good one if the company is willing to back them up. And you are correct...all the negative posts here have certainly made us take a step back on a Crossroads purchase. We are just not seeing a lot of happy campers (pardon the pun) here. Plus I recently spoke to the service manager of a large RV dealership in our area and his comments were not very favorable toward the quality of the Crossroads products he was seeing come in for work versus the Heartlands, Keystones and Jaycos... As it stands this morning, we are going to wait...keep our Elkridge and see what happens with Crossroads....Still love that Washington floorplan....but not enough to jump out of the frying pan into a fire!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Lloyd,

Trying to stay positive. I would buy another Crossroads again tomorrow. Got my eye on my next rig...a 5th wheel. But that's my experience.

For us, there isnt a better value for a trailer and the Sunset Trail is the lightest in the industry. But the 12 point promise I got last year doesn't carry much after reading issues on the forum before our purchase.

It was the CR customer service group that sold me on fact I picked the best product. Also, this active forum gave me comfort that even if something wasn't covered under warranty, someone here to guide me through any issue (except the hot water in the toilet, I have no idea how that can happen!!)

Before I picked up the trailer I had questions about the storage dimensions. I called CR customer service and got a human on the second ring. The tech answered all my questions. He actually, got off the phone, walked out to the plant and measures the storage door for me and called me back.

My dealer is 5 hours away. I had a handful of small issues with my new trailer. Sawdust, handles loose, 1/2 of the LED light rail died.

Instead of dragging my trailer to the dealer, Customer service walked me through every fix/question/issue. Sent me the light rail direct with install directions. They even sent me 2 tubes of DICOR tan lap sealant when it wasn't available yet to the general public (bath fan upgrade).

That is customer service.

I called Jayco's customer service several times over the years and they won't even connect you to tech.. Heck, I don't think they even have one available to talk too. They told me to call the dealer.

My point is if a customer is truly dissatisfied with a major issue, the dealer should be out of the equation. I had an awesome customer experience with my dealer, but if my new rig has any major issues, Someone from CR should be calling me to get it taken care of.

All CR has to do is replicate what they've done with customer service with a representative / liason on this forum and it would show the commitment.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark;7741
[COLOR=Blue
Mark I agree with "most" of what you say[/COLOR].

Lloyd,

Trying to stay positive. I would buy another Crossroads again tomorrow. Got my eye on my next rig...a 5th wheel. But that's my experience.

For us, there isnt a better value for a trailer and the Sunset Trail is the lightest in the industry. But the 12 point promise I got last year doesn't carry much after reading issues on the forum before our purchase.

The 12 point promise history. It was bs from the start, and not worth bring up.

It was the CR customer service group that sold me on fact I picked the best product. Also, this active forum gave me comfort that even if something wasn't covered under warranty, someone here to guide me through any issue (except the hot water in the toilet, I have no idea how that can happen!!)

Before I picked up the trailer I had questions about the storage dimensions. I called CR customer service and got a human on the second ring. The tech answered all my questions. He actually, got off the phone, walked out to the plant and measures the storage door for me and called me back.

My dealer is 5 hours away. I had a handful of small issues with my new trailer. Sawdust, handles loose, 1/2 of the LED light rail died.

Instead of dragging my trailer to the dealer, Customer service walked me through every fix/question/issue. Sent me the light rail direct with install directions. They even sent me 2 tubes of DICOR tan lap sealant when it wasn't available yet to the general public (bath fan upgrade).

That is customer service.

I called Jayco's customer service several times over the years and they won't even connect you to tech.. Heck, I don't think they even have one available to talk too. They told me to call the dealer.

My point is if a customer is truly dissatisfied with a major issue, the dealer should be out of the equation. I had an awesome customer experience with my dealer, but if my new rig has any major issues, Someone from CR should be calling me to get it taken care of.

I don't know about that. Have you ever had an automotive manufacture call?
I haven't. With all the units on the road they wouldn't have enough man power or phone lines. That is where the dealer is "suppose" to come in.
Untill they can get the lack of commitment on the dealer end taken care of, it will continue to be an issue. Anyway that's the way I see it.

All CR has to do is replicate what they've done with customer service with a representative / liason on this forum and it would show the commitment.
Am I hearing a volunteer for the job?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I like the idea but I know that a job like that on this forum would probably require a full time commitment from someone employed by the company. A customer service contact would be nice who could deal with things by Private Message and liaison between the customer, dealer and manufacturer. This was recently done in the Ford Trucks forum which is privately owned as well but now has Ford employed customer service people active on the forum. Keep in mind, Ford is a much bigger firm than Crossroads and Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum has 10's of thousands of members.

Good idea, though, and I think someone should bring it up at the CrossRoads factory rally this year.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I know forest river has a factory rep on the forum (sabresam). He us there of his own accord and helps people out tremendously. Having a factory rep here would be a great asset to owners. Sadly I don't see it happening as crossroads farms the website out and is no longer on the forum. Those that remember the brief time we had a crossroads exec in the board it backfired so I think they will be Leary of coming back.
To the OP, we have lots of local little member created rallies or get togethers and one factory rally every year. Most members are very friendly and helpful. Best of luck in your choices.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Job = $
Volunteer= No $

The two don't go together

Old 05-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I don't necessarily agree. If CR has the resources to man an 800 number for their entire customer base m-f 8 hours a day, One FTE to handle the more serious issues should not a significant burden. My assumption in this scenario is customer service has an escalation procedure in place.

As a real life example, I had an issue with a new car. The paint primer was bad. Essentially the paint started peeling like a shell on a hard boiled egg. Not Good. It became obvious that they needed to paint the entire car under warranty. I made one call/stop to the saleperson/dealer and in a week a regional rep from the manufacturer contacted me. Car was painted and back in my driveway in a about two weeks.

Lloyd, as far as volunteering ...you've seen my posts, I'd be too gruff to be in customer service. Now you on the other hand are a posltive, constructive, helpful type that would be perfect...

All seriousness, you posts have been super helpful for me!

Old 05-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
Site Team

You almost gave Lloyd a big head.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

You to Mark! You helped me out too!

I don't have the posts in my account anymore with the changeover of the forum a few months ago but it was either you our Lloyd that answered a bunch of questions for us when we were looking at Crossroads for the first time.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #16
Ken
Weekend Camper

It is really too bad if someone gets on this forum and decides not to buy a Crossroads product because of what they read.I was on the forum before I made my purchase and I will tell you it almost scared me out of my purchase.I was reading about axel issues and leaking roofs electrical problems and it’s enough to scare the heck out of someone.Then I had to sit back and remember that for every problem you here about there is probably 100 people with no issues (or major issues) like myself.Sure I find a few things wrong here and there that make me shake my head and ask why but overall it has been a great product.It just bothers me to see people not purchase something they like because of a few customers with issues.I am sure if I was on the other side, yes I would be very upset if my trailer had major flaws.Not many people get on here and say I went camping this last weekend and it was great, my trailer had zero issues, even though there are probably 1,000 of us any given weekend.Just thought I would throw that out there.
Ken

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
New Camper

Actually we would be very interested in taking on that job!! I can see a real need for a liason. I would have to see a commitment from Crossroads to be open and willing to listen to what the liason is hearing from the customers And be willing to get the job done to make customers happy. We would want to have a period up front to take CR product on the road for a bit, attend a few rallies then go back to CR with what customers are experiencing... Maybe they dont think it is necessary...
Old 05-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

Ken,
good points..we actually bought our USED CR after getting on the forum. people need to vent on things that are bad so you hear that first. And I have read just as many "thank yous", for assistance from this forum and "we had a great time at..." from people who can look at the real reason they rv. Buy a house, buy a car, buy a widget and you may get one that needs sevice out of the box. If the forum serves as a great vent, so be it. If it's a good place to tell it's members they had a great time and to help with issues with a rv, works for me too.
SCT Flash 4X tune
Billstein upgrade shocks and dampener
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 32BL
RADMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #19
New Camper

It looks like you may have the same TT. Mine is 30HB 2013. my tt has a gap between the floor lower left side, you can see daylight. im going to call cross roads monday, but i was wondering if yours has the same gap. this is the lager slide with the dinette and couch.
Indy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

« WHY | upload »