Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

We have never taken our trailers to the US but have talked about it on many occasions. Would you have any campgrounds that you recommend through the North and South Dakotas? We have camped frequently at; Rushing River, Anicinabe and Blue Lake, in Ontario, and Birds Hill here in MB quite frequently. We are just in the process of planning our summer schedule. Would like to take in Falcon Lake, Sioux Narrows and or the Nestor Falls area as well.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #22
New Camper

We used to got to Icelandic state park near Cavalier North Dakota quite a bit for weekend trips. Fro longer trips we would go to Forest Hills campground in Detroit Lakes Minnesota or the Itasca state park area.But our preffered choices range from Wisconsin to Florida. Asour kids got older our camping agenda has changed. Do you have any kidsstill camping with you? What are your camping interests ie: Golf, Fishing, Amusement Parks,Sightseeing, Shopping? We have been doing this for over 26 years nowand have been to a lot of places mostly in the u.s. but also in Canada. For us the biggest difference generally is in the facilities offered. The u.s tends to have more developed campgrounds (resort type) which we like, versus Canada whichtends to be moreundeveloped. We belong to a Good Sam chapter which takes up 1 weekend a month but we really enjoy. My wife works every second weekend and the other weekends left will usually find us at Birds Hill or another close campground to Winnipeg.

2000 GMC SLE 2500 6.0 3.73 2wd

redboine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

Thank you for the campground list. We are into sightseeing, photography, cycling and have been known to enjoy amusement parks. When I go fishing I pack up the tent so I can pull the boat. We are in our mid thirtys and don't have any kids(yet). We were actually thinking on going to Minneapolis this weekend and I was wondering if there is any RV stores along the way that offer good prices? How is Camping World for prices? We really appreciate your help and knowledge.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #24
New Camper

We are actually going to Fargo this weekend as long as 75 is not shut down again like Monday. Camping World is definately worth a stop in Rogers, especially if you have never been there before. The shopping at the Albertville factory outlet is fantastic. My two favourite stores there are the lids store (hats) and the fossil store (watches). I can hardly wait for camping season to start. My fifth wheel is sitting in the back yard with a cover on it that I bought from Camping World. I am also a NASCAR fan and will end up watching the Daytona 500in our motel room.

2000 GMC SLE 2500 6.0 3.73 2wd

redboine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Welcom to the forum. We hope you enjoy your new toy! HAPPY CAMPING

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #26
Weekend Camper