Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #81
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to tomandlori
We have also delt with Bill. Much better luck with him then we had with Terry Bachman.. Terry hardly returned calls or even talked to us....
tomandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #82
Seasonal Camper

Mine is 6 months out of warranty and Bill said no problem they will take care of it!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #83
Full Time Camper

I get all warm and fuzzy when I read happy post. I'm getting the feeling Crossroads is getting back to running things like they should.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #84
Weekend Camper

New to Forum - 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 32BH

Hello

New to forum but not new to Crossroads. We are joining the forum, looking for help. General RV suggested we try the forum to help us with an issue with our trailer.

We have had a very few, very minor issues with our trailer (Awning LED lights, a slide out leak and a santiflush leak - all fixed under warranty by General RV). All in all, we love our trailer, but will not recommend one to anyone in the future.

Here is the story:
Over the summer our front cap started fading. In January we went to General RV to have our extended warranty fix this issue.

General tried to get our Extended Warranty to cover the fading issue and also tried to have Crossroads fix the fading. Both requests were denied.

At that point we called Crossroads and had no luck either. We then sent a follow up letter and the reply is below.

To anyone reading:
Their finish is designed to just make it past the warranty period and they will not cover it. Some have even started fading before the warranty and as far as we know CrossRoads repaired them. But if you expect a quality finish that will last 10 or so years don’t buy any of their products. You would expect the finish on a $40K camper to last longer than 1 ½ years. They flat out reject any help for us as you can see by the correspondence below.

Our Reply from Crossroads:
Unfortunately your unit is over a year past its warranty expiration date so we cannot participate in any coverage.

Has anyone made contact with someone in Crossroads that is willing to provide a positive Customer Service Experience?
Crobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #85
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobyn View Post
Hello

New to forum but not new to Crossroads. We are joining the forum, looking for help. General RV suggested we try the forum to help us with an issue with our trailer.

We have had a very few, very minor issues with our trailer (Awning LED lights, a slide out leak and a santiflush leak - all fixed under warranty by General RV). All in all, we love our trailer, but will not recommend one to anyone in the future.

Here is the story:
Over the summer our front cap started fading. In January we went to General RV to have our extended warranty fix this issue.

General tried to get our Extended Warranty to cover the fading issue and also tried to have Crossroads fix the fading. Both requests were denied.

At that point we called Crossroads and had no luck either. We then sent a follow up letter and the reply is below.

To anyone reading:
Their finish is designed to just make it past the warranty period and they will not cover it. Some have even started fading before the warranty and as far as we know CrossRoads repaired them. But if you expect a quality finish that will last 10 or so years don’t buy any of their products. You would expect the finish on a $40K camper to last longer than 1 ½ years. They flat out reject any help for us as you can see by the correspondence below.

Our Reply from Crossroads:
Unfortunately your unit is over a year past its warranty expiration date so we cannot participate in any coverage.

Has anyone made contact with someone in Crossroads that is willing to provide a positive Customer Service Experience?

If you had read this thread a little closer before posting, you would have found an answer to you last question.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...html#post94291
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #86
Family Vacation Member

We went through the same thing a few years back. It's very frustrating but not exclusive to Crossroads. Many other manufacturers are having the same issues with darker color Gelcoat caps too. Unfortunately paint and plastic/fibreglass just don't last long under the sun without fading. (The marine industry knows this). Spend some time searching the net and you'll find assorted solutions to fading Gelcoat, some short term, some long term some cheap some expensive.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:20 AM   #87
Weekend Camper

Thank you Lloyd,

I will read this post, did not see this one. My apologies. Thank you for your help!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #88
Weekend Camper

It is very frustrating. I have noticed in searching through the threads and from help from Lloyd (the site moderator), that some people have had Crossroads make good on the repair outside of warranty.

The 2 people I dealt with at Crossroads were rude and not at all helpful. The whole experience was very negative. They do not seem to care about customer satisfaction.

I joined the forum in a last ditch effort to try to find help from other owners who had a better experience.

Thank you for replying and happy camping!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #89
Site Team

By the way, Welcome aboard!!

Do a search on the forum in relation to the problems you have in question.
You can almost bet, somebody has had the same experience and it has been posted here.
Good luck.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #90
Gone Traveling

My front cap faded badly on my 2014. Crossroads paid for the repair even though the 1 year warranty had expired. The first line customer service folks are trained to say "no" first I think. I was advised by the service center and others on this forum to skip them and go higher in the chain of command.

Contact Mike Antel, Retail Manager.
email: mantal@crossroadsrv.com

You may also want to contact:
Andy Cripe, CEO
Email: acripe@crossroadsrv.com.

Andy never returns email but my first complaint was to him and a staff member contacted me.

I see you are in Florida. I had my front cap painted and the sliced that failed due to manufacturer's defect repaired at the Camping world in Robersdale Alabama. I know CW has a poor reputation but I can attest that I got good service from the Robertsdale Store. My POC there is:

Janice Schweitzer
Phone: 251-947-3278
email: Janice.schweitzer@campingworld.com.

By the way, Crossroads paid for the repair of the slide past the one year due to it being a manufacturing defect. Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #91
Gone Traveling

Please see my reply on the "Buyer Beware - Front Cap Fading ...." thread. Hope my information can help you.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:29 AM   #92
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
Please see my reply on the "Buyer Beware - Front Cap Fading ...." thread. Hope my information can help you.
Here is the text of that post:

My front cap faded badly on my 2014. Crossroads paid for the repair even though the 1 year warranty had expired. The first line customer service folks are trained to say "no" first I think. I was advised by the service center and others on this forum to skip them and go higher in the chain of command.

Contact Mike Antel, Retail Manager.
email: mantal@crossroadsrv.com

You may also want to contact:
Andy Cripe, CEO
Email: acripe@crossroadsrv.com.

Andy never returns email but my first complaint was to him and a staff member contacted me.

"I see you are in Florida. I had my front cap painted and the sliced that failed due to manufacturer's defect repaired at the Camping world in Robersdale Alabama. I know CW has a poor reputation but I can attest that I got good service from the Robertsdale Store. My POC there is:

Janice Schweitzer
Phone: 251-947-3278
email: Janice.schweitzer@campingworld.com.

By the way, Crossroads paid for the repair of the slide past the one year due to it being a manufacturing defect. Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps. "

2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W Diamond
2012 Toyota Tundra, 5.7L
MEHoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #93
Weekend Camper

Thank you Chateau Duke to go! This is great information and I am hopeful. I will contact both Mike Antel and Andy Cripe today.

Once again, thank you and happy camping to you all!

From tent camping to 2013 - Sunset Trail Reserve 32 Bunk House
Old 03-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #94
Weekend Camper

Thank you! I am contacting these guys today! Will keep you posted!

FYI - General RV is wonderful here in Tampa FL. We are so glad that they opened up here. Great Customer Service. They did our repairs correctly the first time and called us often with updates.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #95
Weekend Camper

Hopefully the 2016's have the UV protection in their paint. Our Sunset Trail has the khaki/light tan front so I'm hoping we won't have the fade problem. One we pick it up I plan on putting a good coat of wax on it. I typically clay bar my vehicles spring and fall and it has worked very well, plan on doing the nose and back of the trailer the same way. Paying what a new one costs, you do expect the finish to last.
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT, Mega Cab
Cummins powered
Golfreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #96
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfreb View Post
Hopefully the 2016's have the UV protection in their paint. Our Sunset Trail has the khaki/light tan front so I'm hoping we won't have the fade problem. One we pick it up I plan on putting a good coat of wax on it. I typically clay bar my vehicles spring and fall and it has worked very well, plan on doing the nose and back of the trailer the same way. Paying what a new one costs, you do expect the finish to last.
I've used clay bar on Base Coat/Clear Coat like on the truck. Is it ok on gel coat that is on the trailer?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #97
Full Time Camper

My front cap was repainted and covered by CR. Was noted before warranty expired, but repainted the over the winter. Dealer took care of the entire process.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:28 AM   #98
Weekend Camper

My husband and I are native Floridians and have owned boats and campers for over 30 years. When we got our Reserve, we did wax it with a high quality marine wax that we use on our boat for years (boat still shines like new and it is a 1995). Anyway, in total our camper has been waxed 6 times and we have used rubbing compound 3 times. Once the haze started, it returns within a month.

Bottom line Cross Roads used cheap products and it shows on these dark brown caps. Thus the reason they changed to the old lady beige color as it won't show up as badly.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #99
Weekend Camper

Hi All

Just received a phone call from Mike Antel. The news was not good. They are continuing to reject our request to fix the fading of the front cap due to being out of warranty. While it is not the news we wanted, we will deal with this issue on our own.

I want to thank all of you for your great insight and the names.

I am hopeful for anyone else whom has this issue has a better result.

Going camping this weekend for the long Easter Weekend. Taking the camper and boat to Homosassa Springs - Natures Resort Campground! Great place and beautiful old Florida nature abounds!

Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 PM   #100
Weekend Camper

I will use the clay bar b4 the first coat of wax to get rid of any dirt/grime/bugs accumulated during delivery. That way I know I'm getting a good coat of wax on it b4 hitting the road.
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT, Mega Cab
Cummins powered
Golfreb is offline   Reply With Quote