Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
New Camper

slide seals

has anyone replaced the exterior seals on the slides?
denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
New Camper

We didn't end up replacing our seals but I did do some research on it at the time and Uni-Grip Inc. seemed to have the best selection and prices. They're the manufacturer and they'll sell by the foot.
fourmoore731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Just changed all the slide seals on my Kingston 33SK. The dealer would have kept it for four to six weeks for the job. Decided to do it with a contractor that repairs rv's. Purchased the materials through my rv dealer and the contractor and I replaced the seals in two days. Saved about 2 grand doing it this way. Had the contractor re-seal all the seams at the same time. Total cost right at $1,000.00. Went with the black materials instead of replacing the white. Looks a lot better this way.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #4
New Camper

Seal replacment

Jim did you have to remove the slides to replace the seals? I have a 06 cruiser and I'm thinking about replacing the seals my self.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Bratman, We did not have to remove the slides. Everything was fully accessible from the outside. The dealer's service department was so booked up, he was glad to provide the correct seals at a reasonable cost. There are quite a few different designs in seals, be sure to get the correct ones. In addition to changing the seals, we also resealed the entire camper after carefully removing all of the old sealant.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I'm having to replace a 12' length seal over my slideout on the exterior. I've ordered a "D" seal for a EKD base to replace the old seal. I hope I have ordered the right seal !!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Will not know if it is the correct one until you compare the two on site. Your dealer service dept. Should tell you which specific seal you will need. You will find out that the seals are held in place with screws on the ends and staples through the rest of the seal. The staples can be replaced with new screws or if you have that type of heavy duty staple gun.... My stapler did not have the same heavy duty staples and i could not find one locally that did.