Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

My backup plan is to splice the inlet hose to the black tank add enough hose to reach outside and leave it in the basement. I'd use a check valve outside of the RV on the hose so if there was any issues they would be outside. Probably put a plug in the hose end to stop any leakage from the black tank. Only have to monitor the hose splice and hope the connection to the black tank remains solid.
kidsolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

My Sani-Flush connection (from the trailer sidewall to the backflow prevention just inside the wall) was only hand tight from the factory & I got the same flood.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #23
Ton
New Camper

these are the pic i was trying to visualize....how the santi flush line entered the black tank...there is a good possibilty that there is a low point underneath the trailer...but i bet a little water in that type of hose is able to take freeze...much like your garden hose they we all dont flush out at home..LOL..thoughts?
Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

same exact thing happened to our unit. Ours was the check valve. It was my fault for as I did not have the water pressure valve on, Our dealer was awesome with it. Fixed the problem, repaired the water damage from under the slide ( insulation got wet), Ever since I use the water pressure valve and turn the water on slowley. All work was under warrenty.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

I had the same problem. Mine turned out to be an improperly installed check valve. The spring and ball that prevent water from returning from the black tank were on the tank side? Flipped them to the fill side and everything was fine. I keep my camper stored 5 hours away from a warranty dealer, so I'm pretty good at fixing everything myself...