Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We took the new 32RL to the coast this weekend. All went pretty well, except a grommet/weld broke off the steps and they had to be propped up with wood blocks so the steps wouldnt break off.

When we were getting ready to leave, I hooked up the SANI-FLUSH, after a couple of minutes, I noticed water dripping from the undercarriage. I had a buddy go look inside and water was running out from underneath the shower, bathroom sink, etc. Flooding the whole bathroom area.

What do yall think, bad connection into tank, bad check valve ?

Pretty frustrating.

Charlie in West Point

cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Usually the pex fitting from what I have seen.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Sounds like the connection to the black tank for the Sani-Flush came disconnected if you were seeing clean water (assuming you completely drained the black tank first and didn't overflow it, but that would come out at the toilet since it is the only thing connected to the black tank). Don't know the locations of the tanks in relation to your bathroom on your unit, but you would need to open the underside of the trailer to confirm if the connection is sealed. Do you have a pressure reducer on your water? I usually don't turn the water on full blast when starting the Sani-Flush because the spray nozzle provides some back pressure (there would be a lot more back pressure if the tank were full). Once I can hear it spraying I increase the flow a bit but normally don't run it full blast. Just trying to get a better idea of what you saw.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the reply !

Yes, I drained the black, and 2 grey tanks first. I connected the hose to the sani-flush (without a pressure reducer). and cranked on the hose. I could feel water flowing through the dump hose. (my thought was that you would want as much pressure as possible to get the tank as clean as possible. I do have a pressure regulator for the city water connection but didnt think about using it for the sani-flush.

The sani-flush, dump pipes and shower/toiletare all on the same side of the trailer, so I would hope/assume that the black water tank is somewhere in that vicinity.

Yes, the water that flooded the bathroom appeared to be clean water.

I talked to the dealer and his initial thought was the check valve, but I have read other posts on here about loose connections or bent hoses.

I guess the only well to tell is to pull back the underside and turn on the water. But since this is a brand new trailer, I will let the dealer enjoy that.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I never hookup water to the trailer unless I have it going through my pressure regulator. Some of these parks have very high water pressure. Maybe it blew the hose off the fitting.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Good to know. I do have a pressure regulator and will start to use it religiously.

Charlie
Ready to Rumble
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I don't use a regulator for the flush tried it before and was way too weak.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I keep mine adjusted to 60 psi and it seems to work fine.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Check that the line isn't kinked. Mine was, same thing happened to me the first trip out.
2004 Grizzly 660
2005 C4S (sold)
Glenn996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Glenn is right about the kinked hose into the black tank (see pic), as mine was and caused to much back pressure and spurted out of the aerator valve. You might also check to see if the 2 fittings at the aerator(usually under the sink or shower) are tight , I mean real tight,as the factory does not tighten them and most dealers do not even pdi the santi flush.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
I never hookup water to the trailer unless I have it going through my pressure regulator. Some of these parks have very high water pressure. Maybe it blew the hose off the fitting.Â*
Never thought about that but I do have an old wally world special that is now dedicated to sewer duty...
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

The same thing happen to me on the flush. I actually did take the under skirt off because any type of water issue is a concern to me. ( mold) Took the unit to our dealer and it was the check valve. They did replace the vale and told me that when using the flush to increase the water slowey and also to use a pressure reg. which I did not have on at the time. They also told me that is was a good idea that I did remove the under skirt because mold can build up , they replaced the check valve and skirt for me. all was under warrenty. No isses since .
Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I had the very common problem of the inlet line (from the outside garden hose connection marked SaniFlush) to the check value being barely finger tight. Was spraying lots of water on back of converter panel, nice! Also ran down into opening in floor causing water to pour out of underskirting.

Firmly tightened the fitting and all was fixed.

mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Took it back to ExploreUSA and they replaced a black piece, not sure if it was a valve or just the tank connector, it was elbow shaped. They said they pressured it up and no more leaks. Will find out next week.

Ready to Rumble
Old 10-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

it is a pressure relief valve. when using the sani flush or even normal water connection to your trailer always use a pressure reducer. mine leaked when I didn't use a pressure reducer. hooked up the reducer and no more leak. I have also heard where some have had a kink in there hose at the black tank which caused an increase in pressure and caused the valve to leak. Remember, always use a pressure reducer when connecting water to your trailer

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #16
New Camper

Just experienced the same issue on our 2012 29RL.
We bought it 1 year used and just took it out for the first camp out.
I called the dealer on our way back and they mentioned something about likely being a vacuum breaker but looks like it will be going in for service soon.

The point of this from my perspective is that They really did skip this in the PDI which I spent 6 hrs going top to bottom, and if I caught that earlier it would have been easier to deal with...buyer be ware I guess.

I've read quite a few posts on the forum from folks that have issues with their campers and I wanted to say despite what my posting issue we had the best first time out using the camper and when you compare the features to some of the other competitors CrossRoads still comes out on top for us.

StanFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Purchased a 32RL in November of 2013. Spent almost 3 hrs on the PDI but never thought to check the San T Flush. First time out we found the very common problem of the inlet line (from the outside garden hose connection marked SaniFlush) to the check value being barely finger tight. Water puddled below in the basement. Luckily access to the problem was behind the out door shower sprayer. Pulled plastic shower box out and was able to reach up inside and tightened the nut a half a turn and no more leakage.
Wish I had found this thread prior to doing my PDI. Been out three times and no other issues.
kidsolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

Still happening??? I mentioned this last year and I even complained the bill hodges at CR and he was to put in a quality concern to the "guys 'on the line to make sure that break is tightened.....what a joke to think anyone would listen. Mine was a combination of a kinked water hose at the black tank and finger tightened vacuum break( black 90 deg elbow)which wa snot even checked at my so called dealer before PDI..
glad you found the problem....

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

Thanks for posting your picture of the hosed being kinked at inlet to the tank. Mine wasn't, in fact there was a gentle sweep into the tank. Using your picture and tracing the line back to the source I found my leak. Check valve was not where the Crossroads rep thought it was, had to find it myself. On the plus side Crossroads was willing to mail parts as needed
kidsolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

After two check valves and several floods I finally removed the check valve. The valve either didn't close fast enough or completely and water would spray inside the cabinet where it was located. I was able to use the fittings on the valve to tie the water line together after it was removed. It's difficult to flush from the outside and watch for leaks on the inside at the same time since I no longer have a spotter.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote