Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #41
Full Time Camper

I just looked for "Service Centers" in my area and I wouldn't do business with either of them.

RT120 RV Sales - Good people lousy service. 2 different people we camp with had nothing but nightmare service from them.

Will's RV- (Randy the owner) is also one of those dealers who abides by if you don't by from me I don't service.

I had a good experiences with Abel RV in Bartlett IL. and DeHaan RV in Elkhorn WI.

Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #42
hhh
Seasonal Camper

I would call Crossroads Customer Service and let them know that dealer refused to service your unit. Once they are convinced they need to service it, take it somewhere else.

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #43
Family Vacation Member

When we were looking for our new RV, Craig Smith RV's in Galion, Oh had a Sunset Trail we were interested in. the price was right and everything was going well until the salesman told me that they "PRIORITIZE" their service work for the customers who bought there, meaning other folks units would keep getting pushed back. I refuse to deal with anyone that does that, and as soon as he opened his mouth the deal was dead.

I was glad that it happened as it forced me to go look elsewhere and I found the Cruiser CT30QBX that we bought.

But unless you bought from them, and unless they have changed their ways, realize your unit could end up sitting (now maybe the salesman was trying too hard to impress us, but....................this is the official disclaimer in case he was acting outside his authorized scope in saying something like this)

I guess these dealers just don't get on the internet much and realize how bad their decisions can affect their business. It used to be that a disgruntled customer or potential customer, etc could influence a handfull of people. Now these bad experiences are there for the whole world to see and Mr Google Bot to pick up.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #44
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01

I just looked for "Service Centers" in my area and I wouldn't do business with either of them.

RT120 RV Sales - Good people lousy service. 2 different people we camp with had nothing but nightmare service from them.

Will's RV- (Randy the owner) is also one of those dealers who abides by if you don't by from me I don't service.

I had a good experiences with Abel RV in Bartlett IL. and DeHaan RV in Elkhorn WI.

I've spoken with the guys at Freedom RV in Slinger. They're listed as an authorized repair facility and they indicated that they would have no problems doing work even though I bought my Slingshot up in Wisconsin Rapids.

We'll see how it turns out when the time comes.

<strike>2004 Dodge Durango</strike>

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #45
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw
Does anyone know how frequently the service centers listed by this application are updated? The location we bought our trailer from has a pretty big service center and is not listed. The application only lists two services centers in the Indianapolis area, and one of them went out of business over a year ago.

I am not happy with the service I have received from the dealer I purchased from, and am looking for a service center to use in the future. If I want to stick with a Crossroads authorized center I am not left with many choices.
I would suggest taking the unit to the factory repair site in Topeka if at all possible since you are in Indiana.
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #46
New Camper

My dealer in Mesa, AZ, where we bought our Kingston from, is still on the list but I just found out they closed down in September. Go figure, we bought it in July this year and now they are closed. Trying to find a service center close by who is actually willing to work on our camper.
Unfortunately not too many to find here in Arizona.
mitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #47
New Camper

Send a message via AIM to flmngs17 Send a message via Yahoo to flmngs17
The dealer list is not always acurate I went to my local service place listed and they are almost closed and said that they are not servicing Crossroads. I let Crossroads know and they were suppose to take the place off of the listing and it is still there.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #48
New Camper

I hear you. I called Crossroads and went through the list with the lady on the phone. She was very surprised that 3 of the dealers listed, refused doing any work on Crossroads. Kinda makes me wonder why.....Well, she had one more dealer, who wasn't actually listed, and I called them. Very nice customer service but still waiting to get a call back after I send them all the details. Crossroad RV's don't seem to be very popular here in the West.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #49
New Camper

I live here in W Florida and I do not think that they are popular here. Bought the unit in Hershey, PA while we were camping there. I love it but the things we find wrong can't seem to get it fixed.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:30 AM   #50
hhh
Seasonal Camper

You do know that any service center can perform warrantyrepairsas long as they getpre-approval?
https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:55 AM   #51
New Camper

Thank you for that information! At this moment waiting for Lazy Days to get back to me if their warranty dept will approve the work.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 AM   #52
New Camper

Didn't know that, but I called a few dealers around my area and they didn't even want to listen to anything involving warranty work once I brought it up...@flmngs17, what issues do you have??
Old 10-17-2011, 06:42 AM   #53
New Camper

The issues are the electric tongue jack, I do not have a manual on it, it would not work the first trip out. Found out it was a fuse and my husband fixed it. This past week end when on a trip with camping buddies we could not get the electric to work sounded like it was grinding. Worst thing was no manual crank provided. There should have been. They will send a new tongue jack but where do we bring it to be installed? Besides we need the manual crank in order to take it anywhere.
Also the draws have been a issue from day one, they do not hold while traveling and they flew out and the ball bearings were all over the place. Crossroads said not to worry the warranty provided would take care. Fine Called lazy days in our area who is selling crossroads now and they still have not called back. Told crossroads they tell me they should take care of it. Caught in the middle of it all.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #54
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroadsrv
Hello Forum,

We just posted a new tool called the Service Center Locator.

While CrossRoads recommends returning to your selling dealer for service and warranty work, this list of approved service centers and dealers will aid you when traveling.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/buyers/service_center.asp

Great idea but your approved service centers and dealers list should be updated. The dealers listed in my area are no longer in business.

Steady Fast Stabilizer System

2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab
201126rkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #55
Full Time Camper

Good idea but very suspect. It's telling me that a dealer in the Denver areacarrying what looks likethe entire Crossroads line is not listed as an authorized service center but they want to send me 30 miles further away to a mobile repair shop? I agree with the above post regarding need to update.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #56
New Camper

Is there a Crossroads dealer near Montgomery, Al?
haycutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #57
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads, we just bought our new ST from Coplen's Camping Center in Fort Wayne, IN, yet they are also not on the list of service centers. They are literally 5 minutes from our house. We have been customers of theirs for 10 years and I would highly recommend them. Outstanding customer service. Scottw, you may want to contact them.
mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #58
Family Vacation Member

Errors and omissions make this list less than useful, especially when you are on the road and need some service work done. This list could be extremely helpful if it was accurate and if the dealers listed would actually do the work when contacted.
mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #59
Weekend Camper

When I was at the factory I mentioned this also. I apparently did not talk to the correct people as nothing has been corrected. The 2 service centers they have listed for me one is out of business other says they are a mobile home dealership and never serviced RV's.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad

2011 CrossRoads Cruiser 305SKFD (still have the 2000 Tracker)
springnfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #60
Family Vacation Member

Our Zinger will be two years old next month. I have checked the list fairly frequently in that time. My selling dealer has never been listed. The nearest repair shop listed is a non-dealer ~ 50 miles away. They need to do something.

As to the dealer's work on warranty issues, I'd give them a C-. Some items took 2-3 tries.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote