Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hey Rushmore owners,
Has anyone seen the new 2014 Franklin yet? I saw one picture of the front bedroom with the front windshield and window seat. Looks interesting. Is the rest of the unit similar to the Lincoln floor plan with the Washington living room? Also, is CR still building the Roosevelt? It is no longer a floor plan option on their website.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Too many windows for me...I like it dark to sleep...that's why I love my Jefferson..lots of windows in the living area..
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
New Camper

I've got one love it. With a few exceptions
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations!! She is a beauty for sure Douglas! We are really enjoying our 2014 Lincoln. We have the original floor plan, I do not think I would be as happy with the new floor plan.
What are the things you do not care for in the Franklin?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

we saw the new 2015 Franklin at the Hersey show last week it is awesome if had the funds would trade 2012 Rushmore on that one in a minute both of us loved it only thing did not have solid cover over stove would have signed on the spot if had funds Jim&Carol
Old 04-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

2014 Rushmore Franklin

We bought a new 2014 in October, it is a great looking unit and has plenty of space. We have not travelled with it or even used it as the Camping Park we are a member of shuts down in October and opens in May. That said, we have checked out a number of the units features and noted some problems that have been posted elsewhere in this forum. In short, trim was poorly fastened (hanging down) in a number of places, the frame under the bed was not properly nailed together at the foot of the bed, the frame around the closet/washer combo stuck to the bifold door when opened, over the front window a screw had pushed out slightly into the cap leaving a "star" in the cap, the belly cover was hanging down below the unit - we put a board between the rails to hold it back in place, cannot get the bedroom Satellite cable to work - many others have noted this same problem, there are a number of blank covers in various locations that have holes drilled under - one about 3" in the front bedroom closet frame that goes right out to the almost piercing through the outer wall, could even have been through but where it is covered by the awning brace. Having not even used this unit, but so far I would say the quality is extremely poor for a unit costing over $80,000. Will update once we actually get to use and travel with it. Picture of unit when it was delivered last Oct
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1705.jpg (325.4 KB, 3 views)
ROD Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I am so sorry to hear of your issues. We have yet to deal with any major thing in our 14 Lincoln. The toughest issue so far has been the the constant resetting of a couple of the slides. The system works well on the heavier slides, but not the others. We have logged lots of miles and months. So far, we love the unique floorplan, the beauty of the unit and the upgrades we've done. We have the original floorplan, with the dedicated exterior docking station, we would never have purchased the current Lincoln floorplan. The latest upgrade was replacing every light with LED bulbs. Love our RV!