Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Noobie with a Longhorn.

Hello all. Just found this forum and am very excited. Was a noobie on some other "RV.xxx" forum and was looking for one more geared toward my particular TT and lucky me I found you all!

Just recently got a 2015 Crossroads Longhorn 31SB. Its a 35' bunk house TT that will hopefully suite my large family for a while to come. This is our first RV of any kind so I am very wet behind the ears. We started our search little over a year ago. Originally we were looking at popups and somehow progressed to searching for a large TT. I do have a lifetime of "Tent" camping experience and my wife was a real trooper but "ruffing it" just was not her preferred way. So I get to spend time out doors and she gets to sleep with out a rock in her back and use the bathroom with out tree bark up her butt.

About me. Have my wife of almost four years. Two daughters, 19 and 3 years old, identical twin boys who just turned 2. I am a fire Lieutenant, hobbies include wood working, cigars, and obviously camping. I will have lots of questions and not very much advise.

Speaking of asking questions here is my first of many.

What trailer should I say I have???

I know what the sticker on the side and all the paperwork I signed says but here is the deal. The "Longhorn" is a "special edition" made by Crossroads for a dealer here in Texas that has five or six locations across the state. It is essentially a Zinger. (as far as I can tell) For simplicity of this forum do I just treat it as a Zinger and do I belong in the Zinger forum? Will all the Zinger folks accept me as one of their own or will I forever be a red headed step child on this forum as a whole with really no place to call home?

Thanks for taking the time to allow me to introduce my self and for reading this. Take care.

Robert
FireRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Welcome to the fourm Robert.
This is a great fourm with great people. I also am from Texas and we have a Hill Country also known as a Sunset Trail.
Mike
tramguage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get your questions answered. Good luck with your new Longhorn. You're unique in I don't know of anyone else on here that has a Longhorn. You might as well just call it a Longhorn. (It will make some wonder what that is.)
Good luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Longhorn! This is a great place for info...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper and nice lookin truck from what I can see.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Robert
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig, she's a beaut... If I were you I would ask most but not all your technical questions on the Zinger thread. That is where other campers and you will have the most in common as far as your rigs are concerned...But there is also a lot of information on the other threads as well...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard. Happy Trails!!
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Many thanks to every one. Really looking forward to using the heck out of the trailer and this forum.

Longhauler, one day Ill take a better picture then the one above, I took it the second I got it home to send the wife. But for now here is one of the truck I had on photobucket.

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB (basically its a Zinger ReZerve 35' bunkhouse that has been decked out Texas style)
Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get your questions answered. Good luck with your new Longhorn. You're unique in I don't know of anyone else on here that has a Longhorn. You might as well just call it a Longhorn. (It will make some wonder what that is.)
Good luck.
Mark you got me curious, so I did a forum search and was able to find a few post about the Longhorn and it appears there are a couple members with one but not many. Seemed like half the posts I found were about how they either wanted one but couldn't get one or looked at one but went another direction.

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB (basically its a Zinger ReZerve 35' bunkhouse that has been decked out Texas style)
Old 10-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Well, aren't you special? No, seriously, welcome to the forum. That's a great looking camper and truck setup you've got there. It's a special edition Zinger, so I agree that you should feel at home with the Zinger folks in particular and the Crossroads folks in general. Regardless of which camper we have, we all enjoy the RVing lifestyle, so you are at home here. Feel free to fire away with questions, we've all been new at this at some point in our lives. You'll be an old expert before you know it!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Welcome! The Longhorn is a rebadged Zinger, so "Zinger" information should apply accordingly.

Personally, I really like the RWB/Texas scheme of the Longhorn. They are unavailable here in Buckeye country, however...
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
Ken
Weekend Camper

Yes it is basically the same trailer as mine but with different décor and graphics. I am also in Texas well East Texas and we almost purchased a Longhorn edition but at the last minute went with ours. I also tow with a similar truck as you, it is a nice package and tows great. Welcome to the forum, you will find some great information here especially if you are a first time owner. I have been RV camping for years and still learn stuff daily on this forum.
Ken

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote