Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #61
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowler304 View Post
I have a 2011 F150 Platinum and I have Hankooks Dyna Pro ATM LT305/55/R20 10ply Light E rated tires and I run them at 50PSI when running around town and 65PSI (Rated Sidewall) when towing. You do get a bit rougher ride and a few rattles popped up, but it makes me feel much better and safer when towing. TT is in my signature, but I had zero problems towing it.

Trailer is about 7600 lbs loaded my truck is rated at 9700 lbs, so we should be well within specs, but I still want to run it by the cat scales when I get a chance. When empty with the Equalizer I was level, when loaded it was slightly nose heavy. I need to learn how to adjust the Equalizer hitch for my weight.
What kind of hitch setup do you have? I reluctantly transferred a Hitchmaster 10k# round bar WDH and a single friction sway from the 4500#popup we traded in on the Zinger. I'm up in the air as to weather or not I should upgrade to a Husky Centerline or Equilizer hitch.

2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
2015 Crossroads Zinger 28BH

GypseeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #62
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Bowler304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypseeDaddy View Post
What kind of hitch setup do you have? I reluctantly transferred a Hitchmaster 10k# round bar WDH and a single friction sway from the 4500#popup we traded in on the Zinger. I'm up in the air as to weather or not I should upgrade to a Husky Centerline or Equilizer hitch.
At the suggestion of this site, I went with the equalizer with 1k /10k bars and I think they maybe light. With all our stuff in it, we are about 1" lower. So I will see if I can figure out how to reset it with the weighted version or upgrade the bars.
Bowler304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #63
Site Team

I run 50 psi empty and 65 psi towing. Even when I forget to lower when not towing the ride is still pretty smooth. And this is on back county roads.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #64
Weekend Camper

So after upgrading tires to LT-E load, installing Timbrens, and a second friction sway control to the trailer we made our first trip from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach this past weekend. Let me say, what a difference. Three finger steering at 60 mph. Very comfortable towing on extremely rough SC roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
2015 Crossroads Zinger 28BH

GypseeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:47 PM   #65
Family Vacation Member

Being able to support the weight makes a big difference. Tires and Timbrens will make a difference. The last time I towed the Z1 I did not even hook up the friction sway control. Did not have any problems.
2006 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L ext. Cab 8' bed.
jakesz28 is offline   Reply With Quote