Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Tim , the new ones have the beige front end , so it would look like a newer unit if he were to change colours (colors) I almost went with the beige..
I am thinking about the beige too. I was more curious about the resale of trade in value with the custom graphics?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Site Team

Tim, if you get the wrap graphics they can be removed. Only problem would be that beneath the wrap the cap would be blank.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Faded cap

My cap was faded the warrant covered it. The dealer did a great job painting it. Waiting on decals. My cap faded After a long trip to Canada, I washed it before I left and it was ok when I got back it was faded, also I have a spot on the lower part underneath the overhang. Wonder if it could be from road debris at 65 MPH like sandblasting.
Busterman1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

My paint shop recomended to wait at least 4 weeks to apply decal to let paint/clearcoat harden. I am going to apply 3m protection to bottom 2 feet in the spring.
hopefully stop some stone chips..

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
What color was your cap before repainting? I like the idea. What about re-sale or trade in value when you personalize? I kinda thought about this on the front. But not on the chocolate. It would look better on the yellow creamy color.
My camper is white so I didn’t need to paint. My fade problem wasn't the front cap but the existing decals. I bought the vinyl decal from http://www.freakdecals.com.They made the decal from a picture that I sent to them.

The picture is of the camper at one of our favorite spots. There are no people or signs or names in the picture.

I get compliments everywhere we go.

Also.....I now coat my front cap with a couple coats of Red Devil floor wax a couple times per year.

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Very nice!
Can you tell us how you accomplished all that?
My camper is white so I didn’t need to paint. My fade problem wasn't the front cap but the existing decals. I bought the vinyl decal from http://www.freakdecals.com.They made the decal from a picture that I sent to them.

The picture is of the camper at one of our favorite spots. There are no people or signs or names in the picture.

I get compliments everywhere we go.

Also.....I now coat my front cap with a couple coats of Red Devil floor wax a couple times per year.

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Well dealer called yesterday and Crossroads thinks my fading is over spray so they have authorized a wet sanding of the cap.
I specifically told them about the issues with fading but to no avail. I explained there was no fading last year when I cleaned the roof and that it is stored under cover for 10 months of the year. How could this be over spray and from what?
Should I just let the dealer try to wet sand it out or contact crossroads again?

Any suggestions?

Ian

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #28
Site Team

I'd give it a try and if it doesn't work out it's Crossroads fault and they will have to correct it. But I'd ask the dealer first for his opinion. Maybe he can convince Crossroads to redo the cap.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 11-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

I will tell you cross roads isn't the only until with this issue. Heartland open country with their gray front and rear caps also fade within a year, and are paying a small amount to paint them.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #30
Family Vacation Member

I haven't heard any long term results from repainting (no news is good news?) and getting it done under warranty is ideal but for the forsaken few of us that are out of warranty and left with a faded eyesore I suggest searching ZEP Wet Look. From my personal experience this has worked better and lasted longer than any marine polish and wax I've tried. I did it in the spring and it still looks good as new today.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
Site Team

There is another product that has good results; http://www.prestoprotech.com/Boat_Care.html

Might be worth the cost.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #32
New Camper

Well we are now members of the dreaded "Faded End Cap Club"... long story short we purchased our 2014 Sunset Trail 32RL in January 2014... it was used and we didn't find out that the factory warranty ran out this past July until Camping World told us it was no longer under warranty in Oct. Our extended warranty does not pay for this obviously so just sent an extensive email to CR with lots of pictures and history of the issues we have had with this camper and dealership. If anyone has had any experience with the fading, factory warranty being expired and how CR responded to your situation I would really like to hear from you.
rmmilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #33
Family Vacation Member

Mine was covered by warranty - not sure if it was the extended warranty - or a Crossroads thing.

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #34
Family Vacation Member

Faded Front Cap - Update

I finally got my trailer back from the paint shop. Maaco did an awesome job - the finish looks "deeper" than the original finish. Paint shop said they are getting lots of business from the "Faded Front Cap community". The problem is lack of paint applied, plus the lack of any - or adequate clearcoat. I am now waiting for the dealership to apply the front decal package. Trailer3.jpg

Trailer2.jpg

trailer5.jpg

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
Retired Navy
Old 05-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #35
Full Time Camper

Are you going to reinstall your chrome Cruiser letters????? Oh and by the way the cap looks good....If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you to have the paint done, and did CR pay for it, or was it out of your pocket...???
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:05 AM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Letters

The dealership is coming to my driveway on June 2nd to reapply the entire decal package, including the chrome CRUISER lettering. It does look much better than the original paint job. Given the cost (1395 Canadian pesos) - you would think Crossroads would take the hint and do a better job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
Are you going to reinstall your chrome Cruiser letters????? Oh and by the way the cap looks good....

Roselyn and Darrell
Retired Navy
Old 05-28-2015, 06:38 AM   #37
Full Time Camper

Wrap is impressive stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I'm still a big fan of wrapping the front instead of painting.
Bert,
16 years ago I stopped in and had one of my wildlife photos applied to wrap material and stuck to the side of our mini-van. It still looks very good. The edges are starting to chip but that may be because I seldom wax the van.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #38
Family Vacation Member

Final Update

Dealership re-installed the front decals today - trailer looks better than new - paint looks excellent. Plus, had the following items fixed/adjusted: Bedroom Schwintek slide adjusted - finally goes in and out square; kitchen MaxxFan - last year fan died - this year - wall switch crapped out!, and - hopefully the gremlin electrical problem that trips the centre island is vanished. After three summers - I hope this is the year we can finally enjoy a snag free camping season.....

Roselyn and Darrell
Retired Navy
Old 06-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #39
New Camper

I have a 2013 cruiser air and just sent crossroads an estimate and they denied it as it was out of warranty. They are not standing by their product.
BarPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

It looks like Crossroads may have done something about end cap fade, I'm seeing many new units with a light colored end cap. However, that will not be much help to the faded end cap community.