Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #101
Full Time Camper

We have a 2011 Crossroads Cruiser 5th Wheel 31RK the cap cracked in all the corners. The dealer screwed up the whole deal, so we just had it repainted at a body shop for $700, money well spent and done right.(Less graphics)
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:36 PM   #102
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobyn View Post
Hi All

Just received a phone call from Mike Antel. The news was not good. They are continuing to reject our request to fix the fading of the front cap due to being out of warranty. While it is not the news we wanted, we will deal with this issue on our own.

I want to thank all of you for your great insight and the names.

I am hopeful for anyone else whom has this issue has a better result.

Going camping this weekend for the long Easter Weekend. Taking the camper and boat to Homosassa Springs - Natures Resort Campground! Great place and beautiful old Florida nature abounds!

Any idea why they will not cover it under warranty? The presedent has been set. They have done it many times.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #103
Weekend Camper

"Sorry, you are out of Warranty"

He would not budge from the "Sorry, you are out of warranty" speech. I had even included the links of this forum where they had made good "out of warranty", but since we are so far out of warranty, there is nothing he can do, as he stated more than once.

I told him this was a very negative customer experience and if CR cared about customer satisfaction, there would be something they could do. The tone has been set.

The fact that we waxed it when it was brand new and then bi-annually thereafter, we actually did ourselves a disservice. We prolonged the fading until we were 1-1/2 years old.

I really do want to thank all you again. You have been helpful and you cared enough to help! Campers are the best kind of people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
Any idea why they will not cover it under warranty? The presedent has been set. They have done it many times.

From tent camping to 2013 - Sunset Trail Reserve 32 Bunk House
Crobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #104
Weekend Camper

Repainting

That is what we are going to do now as well. I don't care to advertise for CR anymore, other than to warn people of their practices and less than quality products.

Still thinking about going with the lighter color, even if it does cost more. In the long run it will last longer and be cooler in our Florida Sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBo View Post
We have a 2011 Crossroads Cruiser 5th Wheel 31RK the cap cracked in all the corners. The dealer screwed up the whole deal, so we just had it repainted at a body shop for $700, money well spent and done right.(Less graphics)

Old 04-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #105
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobyn View Post
That is what we are going to do now as well. I don't care to advertise for CR anymore, other than to warn people of their practices and less than quality products.

Still thinking about going with the lighter color, even if it does cost more. In the long run it will last longer and be cooler in our Florida Sun.
Warranties are not forever. You really shouldn't expect them to do to much seeing as you are 1&1/2 years out.
They have to draw the line some where. Had you documented it earlier, this might have had a different out come.

Plus if you got snarky (to use your words) with them, that usually gets people upset real fast.

I would highly recommend to those that need, want or expect warranty after the factory warranty expires, to look for an extended warranty plan that will cover what you want or need.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #106
Weekend Camper

You make a good point

CR is a business and make hard business decisions. I know that.

The Rub here is - a trailer that is 2 years old should not have a fading problem like a lot of CR customers are experiencing. We had a 15 year old Shasta that did not show any signs of fading on it and it was fiberglass as well. Clearly CR has used sub-standard products. Our issue did not develop until the trailer was 1-1/2 years old.

As for the snarky comment, yes, I did get snarky because the Retail Manager was rude. When you ask, why did you cover other trailers out warranty and will not even entertain our situation? AND the reply is - Sorry, you are out of warranty. It makes you a bit upset and snarky!

PS - we do have a 5 year extended warranty through Corner Stone and they rejected our claim as well.

So far the only thing the extended warranty covered was:
LED Lights on the awning
Outside shower faucet replacement due to flooding the inside of the camper
Kitchen sink faucet replacement - weld cracked

Not covered:
Front cap fading
back slide leak
skylight leak
TV booster
All of these things have happened after the one year warranty unfortunately

We use our trailer monthly, mostly here in Florida. We have traveled to Yellowstone and back with it since we have owned it. We are beginning to wonder if this trailer will even last 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Warranties are not forever. You really shouldn't expect them to do to much seeing as you are 1&1/2 years out.
They have to draw the line some where. Had you documented it earlier, this might have had a different out come.

Plus if you got snarky (to use your words) with them, that usually gets people upset real fast.

I would highly recommend to those that need, want or expect warranty after the factory warranty expires, to look for an extended warranty plan that will cover what you want or need.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #107
Site Team

Crobyn, before you pay for a paint job, check out this product that might help restore your cap. Cheaper than a paint job and you can do it yourself.
A ProTech Polymer Products, Ltd.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #108
Weekend Camper

This is worth a try!

Thank you, this can't hurt! Going to do a little more research and see what we find! Do you know anyone who has used this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Crobyn, before you pay for a paint job, check out this product that might help restore your cap. Cheaper than a paint job and you can do it yourself.
A ProTech Polymer Products, Ltd.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #109
New Camper

Thought I would add to this aging thread....We're experiencing this issue with our 2012. We purchased new in 13, but the cap is starting to age prematurely. Does anyone know how long the warranty is on the exterior? We have a 28BH, and otherwise love it.
Waylonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #110
Gone Traveling

The exterior warranty is one year. However the fading cap issue is a product defect in the paint the factory used. So, the factory has, in many occasions, extended the one year warranty and paid for cap repairs. Skip customer service because they default to "no" and call Mike Antel at Crossroads and plead your case.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #111
New Camper

We have a 2013 cruiser Aire and have terrible fading. Just had a quote to repair for 2800.00. We were told that they have seen 3 others with the same problem.
BarPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:31 AM   #112
New Camper

Paint Codes

Hello everyone. Another sad crossroads customer here who was denied the claim for repaint. Our cap is now faded terribly, and it's embarrassing to use. Personally, i'd be mortified, if my product was driving around the country looking like this.

The thing Crossroads RV offered was the paint code (which no paint shop can cross reference.) Talk about a bad experience. Does anyone know which paint code will cross reference. Mike from Crossroads gave me these two codes, and nobody in Nashville can find these in their system.

Sikkens 416H11
GM WA8808

Thanks for your help

Waylon
Waylonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #113
Site Team

Maybe the autobody shop can match it with a paint chip if you take it to them.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 03-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #114
Full Time Camper

You are getting the whole front cap painted , so just pick a chocolate brown or change it to the new beige . Does not have to match perfectly as it will be all new. Plus paint will nevr match up as the cap is gelcoat like a boat ,not paint.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:10 PM   #115
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylonh View Post
Hello everyone. Another sad crossroads customer here who was denied the claim for repaint. Our cap is now faded terribly, and it's embarrassing to use. Personally, i'd be mortified, if my product was driving around the country looking like this.

The thing Crossroads RV offered was the paint code (which no paint shop can cross reference.) Talk about a bad experience. Does anyone know which paint code will cross reference. Mike from Crossroads gave me these two codes, and nobody in Nashville can find these in their system.

Sikkens 416H11
GM WA8808

Thanks for your help

Waylon

Wow, too bad they won't stand behind a known defect particularly since they have repaired the defect for a number of us. Very inconsistent on Crossroads' part. Perhaps,it is class action law suit time? As for me, I will not be buying another Crossroads Product.

As to your paint code problem, I put them in the search box at Express Paint and got a "not found". They have been pretty good with other projects. Perhaps you can call them and they can help with the codes you were given. Good luck.

Automobile Touch Up Paint - Factory Matched Paints - Express Paint
Old 03-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #116
Family Vacation Member

My front cap was repaired and repainted at 1 yr old and now less than 2 yrs later the cap is fading. Used UV protectant wax on it too. So whatever CR has spec'd for paint is crap. That and the fact that CR changed the cap color right after all these complaints of fading caps started says volumes about their own lack of confidence in their products.
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:55 AM   #117
Full Time Camper

You get your front painted at a local body shop . They pick a car paint/clearcoat that goes on cars. It should not fade.Your car does not fade. Like i said earlier , just pick a dk brown or the new beige colour and have it done. No need for paint code.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #118
Site Team

Do not let them recoat with gel coating. Auto body paint will hold up a very long time when maintained.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #119
Full Time Camper

Cap Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarPat View Post
We have a 2013 cruiser Aire and have terrible fading. Just had a quote to repair for 2800.00. We were told that they have seen 3 others with the same problem.
Boy that sound real high for a easy paint job, Had my 2011 cruiser 31RK painted for $900 and graphics
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #120
Full Time Camper

harley is correct...Go to a auto body shop and have them paint and clear coat the cap...The difference between the original CR paint and what the auto body shop paints on the camper you will never be able to see with the naked eye...The only other alternative you have is to pull the camper around the country letting everyone see Crossroads craftsmanship...Unfortunately many of the other manufactures are having the same problem with the dark brown caps...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote