Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
New Camper

Unhappy Front cap fading

The brown front cap on my 5th wheel cruiser is fading from the top down to the cruisers name that's in the middle of the cap. Is their anyone that has or had this problem ? I have tried washing/waxing but nothing seems to help.

2012 Cruiser 26 RKX
tbwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

If you do a search, I believe in the Sunset Trail section, you will see numerous posts about the same problem. Doesn't appear to be any easy fix. Some folks have had the caps replaced, some have had them painted. Crossroads covered some of these under warranty, but I assume you are over your warranty period. So far, fingers crossed, my cap has not faded yet.
2014 Ram Hemi Outdoorsman 3:92RE
2013 ST Reserve 30RE
p4lrjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We took our FW in for warranty work earlier this year and had them fix our faded cap too. At first Crossroads told the dealer to try gelcoat restorer, but that didn't work. They eventually had to repainted the entire front cap. Make sure you do it under warranty! It is such a problem that the repainting bills are adding up for them, so there was some reluctance per my dealer.
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Mine started before warranty period was up. You could just barely notice when sun hit it just right. Dealer got approval to repaint. Told me to schedule appt this winter. It has got progressively worse since. It is out of warranty now. They have already been paid supposedly, but this way it doesn't interfere with the camping season.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I had the same problem with my 2013 Cruiser. CR gave Camping World the OK to repaint. It turned out excellent. I eliminated one of the big decal and only replaced the "Cruiser"
geomahon is offline   Reply With Quote