Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello all, this is my first post here. I attended the Cleveland RV show this weekend and ordered a new Sunset Trail ST31BH with the reserve package. They did not have one at the show but we saw layout drawings and similar models. Does anyone know anything about this model? It is in the brochure but not on the website yet. I made the purchase contingent on inspection of the unit when it comes in since I have not seen the actual model, but if its what they claim it should be awesome. We are very excited about the upgrade. We currently have a '99 Gulfstream 26'. All the research I did on the Crossroads company seemed to be positive. We were going to buy the ST29SS they had at the show but then changed our minds b\c we wanted the bathroom door and the rear slideout which the 31 has.

2011 Sunset Trail ST31BH - on order
bmiller131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

BMiller...welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ST.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
Site Team

Hey BMiller, welcome aboard, and enjoy your new rig.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the most friendly and helpful forums on RVing! Good luck with your new Sunset Trail.

Edited by: artgpo

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller131

Hello all, this is my first post here. I attended the Cleveland RV show this weekend and ordered a new Sunset Trail ST31BH with the reserve package. They did not have one at the show but we saw layout drawings and similar models. Does anyone know anything about this model? It is in the brochure but not on the website yet. I made the purchase contingent on inspection of the unit when it comes in since I have not seen the actual model, but if its what they claim it should be awesome. We are very excited about the upgrade. We currently have a '99 Gulfstream 26'. All the research I did on the Crossroads company seemed to be positive. We were going to buy the ST29SS they had at the show but then changed our minds b\c we wanted the bathroom door and the rear slideout which the 31 has.
Welcome to the CR family we have a great group of people here. Just curious what does the Reserve package offer over the std. series? I noticed different ext. color and the swivel fireplace / ent. center.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01

Welcome to the CR family we have a great group of people here. Just curious what does the Reserve package offer over the std. series? I noticed different ext. color and the swivel fireplace / ent. center.

According to the brochure: champaign exterior filon, molded chocolate front cap, fireplace, bumper mount grill, power stabilizer jacks, power tongue jacks, power awning, deco interior lighting, leather hide-a-bed, lambrequins, rub or shower enclosure, hide-a-bed sofa, spare tire kit. Lots of good stuff!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

That will be a great ST, it looks like to me. We have a ST 27 RB and like it real well. Yours has even more options!!
Happy camping!!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustman
That will be a great ST, it looks like to me. We have a ST 27 RB and like it real well. Yours has even more options!!
Happy camping!!

Thanks. I'm a little nervous about the fact that I havent seen the actual unit yet, but very excited to check it out when it comes in. I will definitely post pics when it arrives.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller131

According to the brochure: champaign exterior filon, molded chocolate front cap, fireplace, bumper mount grill, power stabilizer jacks, power tongue jacks, power awning, deco interior lighting, leather hide-a-bed, lambrequins, rub or shower enclosure, hide-a-bed sofa, spare tire kit. Lots of good stuff!

That's awesome... Are you also able to still get the larger fridge and 10 gal water heater? Also, I would assume that if saw a regular ST the quality will be similar just with more convenience.

Please let us know your thoughts

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Make sure you share pictures, we love having a first-look at new products. And, congrats/welcome to the forum of course!!!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #11
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01

That's awesome... Are you also able to still get the larger fridge and 10 gal water heater? Also, I would assume that if saw a regular ST the quality will be similar just with more convenience.

Please let us know your thoughts

Not real sure about the availability of those. They are supposed to call when they get ready to enter the order. They said it would be later this week b/c of the RV show. I know I have some more questions about tires, AC size, etc. I will update this post as we go.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #12
New Camper

Well we finally talked to the factory regarding the weights of the new ST31BH. We were disappointed to hear that the GVWR will be 7500 lbs. The dry weight is reported as 6600 lbs which will leave almost no room for stuff after battery, propane and a little water. We decided we had to go a different direction. We purchased a Lacrosse 318BHS. Similar features but better capacities and larger tires, axles, etc. Sorry we couldnt join the CrossRoads family, they seem to make a nice product.