Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
New Camper

I just ordered a 3410 sight unseen....like a mail order bride I guess. My brother has a 3310 and loves it and I've looked at numerous other Elevations so feel comfortable with my decision. Camping world in Denver is dropping the line so I bought it in SLC, UT.I will be towing with a '12 Dodge 3/4 Diesel long bed with the B&W Companion hitch.

I started this thread so we can share experiences as these units are delivered to the campers. One thing that I have come to find out in my research is that RV's in general are not like cars and the quality control from the manufacturers and per-delivery from dealers could be better. I plan to do a very extensive inspection prior to delivery in hopes of discovering and getting repaired any decrepancies.

I am very excited about my post-retirement purchase and will look forward to hearing from others.
Jbettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

You are correct about the quality control and the PDI from the dealers. All I can say is bring plenty of patience with you. Our 3612 had a couple minor problems, some were so obvious that it makes you wonder if they did anything to get it ready for delivery. Light bulb in kitchen was burnt out, and they did not even care enough to replace it, and they had all the lights turned on when we went to pick it up.

So far, the first month has been relatively event free of any problems. Been happy so far with the purchase.
2wheelglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I purchased a 3612 elevation in Aug. DW & I absolutely love the rig and enjoy the 5-er experience.
However, I would strongly suggest that you do a very thorough inspection / walk through.
Pay carefull attention to the
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">following is a (in)complete list of problems.</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">caulk on roof has small hole in it</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">trim molding is peeling away from cabinet</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">top grip of ladder is loose on roof</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">siding screws all over the place, not alligned at all</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">thermostat is not working properly, furnace very sparadic---no outside temp reading, no instructions for using it</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">Bedroom a/c sparadic ( blows warm about 50% of time) and bedroom ductwork does not work at all</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1352853721050_115">kitchen door opens hard due to sticking</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">fridge propane hose kinks when kitchen slide is closed----cutting off gas, and electric does not come on automaticly.</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">kitchen countertop is very scratched</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">sliding door latch comes loose during travel, allowing door to open</span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;">antenna swings loose during travel, batwing is broken. </span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;"></span> <div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;"></span><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; : transparent;"></span>I want to be very clear about this, when I called crossroads cust service, they were extremely helpfull and asked me to send a list (above) along with picturesto facilitate serving our needs.
Bill Hodge from cust service called my dealer, sent the parts to them in advance, and approved all repairs in advance. I will be using the rig for the last time ( this fall )next weekend ,and will be dropping the trailer off at Explore USA in Mesquite TX. As of right now, both my wife &amp; I feel very comfortable that all the repairs will be done in a timely manner.
If we have any problems, I will let you know.
I have been around camping and off road vehicles all my life, The way Bill treated me was by far the best service I have experienced.

</span></span>Steve Rees

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
New Camper

Can anyone give me the number to customer service. I have a 2013 Elevation toy hauler and we cannot get the furnace to come on. It just blows cold air. The manual is of no help....and I need help ASAP!

Tony Mire
Kaplan, La.
jelviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

The cust service # is 1-855-226-7496----I have had very good luck with bill hodge

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #6
New Camper

My brother has a 3310 and experienced the same issue with the furnace. He found out that the clock on thermostat has to be set before furnace will work.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
New Camper

Thanks for sharing your list. I have incorporated some of the items into my pre-delivery check list.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
New Camper

Trying to be patient, but no more. I have had this 2013 camper for six months. What has gone wrong....right front leg would not retreat....had to find a short somewhere in the walls of the camper; front leg was also bent...had to wait six weeks for part to come in; living room slide out would not go in all the way; air conditioner would run 24/7 no matter what temp we set it at; furnace does not work; and now converter is out. That is just some of the things that is wrong with this camper. Totally disgusted and disappointed!!!!
jelviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
New Camper

I picked up my 3410 at the dealer in Salt Lake City and most everything checked out OK except the WIFI ranger has an issue. Initially we didn't know what to look for and the dealer didn't have a clue. They said it was new technology which released them from knowing their product. Then they said that it had not been installed and they would ship it to me. Checking with the factory customer service it was determined that it was installed and the antenna was on the roof. I checked with the manufacturer - WIFI RANGER - and never could pick up the signal which leads us to believe that it wasn't wired in correctly. The saga will continue.....

One of my fender flairs came loose and almost fell off so I had to remove on my drive from SLC to Denver. The are installed with sheet metal screws which i replacing the with 3/16" carriage bolts. I am also painting them which will look better than the galvanized stock appearance.

My feelings at this time that an Elevation is a decent rig that every owner will have to invest their time and money into to make it right. Thus far I have found my dealership to be uninformed about the product they sell and Crossroads customer service (Terry) to be the same way. He talked a good game but forgot to follow up and every issue we discussed. I am now working with Leonard who seems to care and actually returned a call to me.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Jbettes, I agree completely about having to take your own time and make it right. Sad to say, but its easier to fix things yourself thannuse warranty. Besides that, I dont trust people to do things right unless I do it myself.

It is a shame that the dealers are allowed to get by without knowing the product very well.Edited by: 2wheelglider
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #11
New Camper

Update: I purchased my 3410 in Feb and have used it once but have had the displeasure of having to fix or rebuild so many items. Here is a brief list:
1. Generator quit working and had to have a new fuel pump installed
2. Shelves in pantry were cut too narrow and they fell during transit. I replaced them.
3. Low Happy Jac bed came down during transit. I found short in switch over door and repaired it.
4. Kitchen sink not sealed and leaked. I repaired.
5. Master bed lift supports pulled loose. I repaired by putting bolts in.
6. Leak in fresh water tank underneath. Camping World repaired under warranty.
7. Generator exhaust hung too low- 7" from ground. Camping World would not fix so I did.
8. Sliding glass door would not latch. I adjusted.
9. WiFi Ranger wouldn't work. I found a wire to a switch pulled loose

I would not purchase another Crossroads product or buy from Motor Sports Land in Salt Lake City as they did a horrible job checking out my unit prior to delivery. Are either any better or worse than the next company down the road? I don't know but if I ever purchase another RV I'll find out.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Wow !
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Once you get it all done, it will be good. Took us 2 years... Now we will keep it . Good luck
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

We all have bugs to get out. From Heartland, Crossroads, Excels to New Horizon. We are enjoying it now also.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #15
New Camper

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: n&#111;ne; ">This forum is worthless if you can't post photos. Just description alone won't do this justice. But here is my list of problems with my 3410. I bought in December of 2012, lived in it for 6 months (when it wasn't in the shop). Put less than 200 miles on it currently (mostly accumulated from trips to the dealer for service).

Furnace will not blow strong
Water pump was defective low/surging pressure
Leak in bottom of shower into cargo area.
Very difficult to open / close entry door
Factory Wired Breaker Overload Issue
Skylight Leaked
Water damage to floor structure
Ceiling Panel Damage
Blue Control Panel LED switch indicators went out
Kitchen Lights not working
Kitchen Light fixture fell and busted glass
Damaged Counter Top
Trim Pieces falling from slides
Freshwater Tank draining itself
Black tank leaking
Short in Security Light Circuit
External Speakers falling apart
External Graphics not properly applied
Kitchen Sink water pressure problem
Sliding Glass Doors bind up and won't lock
No handles installed on ramp in rear
Fridge will not keep cold
A/C condensation leaks into living areas.
Awning has 0 pitch so it collects water.
Finding screw heads throughout unit (displaying structural integrity)
Silicone not properly applied to exterior creases allowing water and debris entry.
Stools provided with unit fell apart and had to be reassembled.

This is most of what I experienced, surely there will be more to add this is all off the top of my head. The plan for this unit is to be returned for a refund of exactly what was paid. I feel robbed to have paid nearly $50,000 for something that keeps on and on with the problems and challenges, there's nothing desirable about it.

twotireracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #16
Site Team

In the quick reply box there is a double box with an arrow pointing to the top right. This takes you to advance mode. Upload a picture to photobucket and copy img andyou can paste image into message box.

Works for me.

By the way, call Crossroads and your dealer. They worked with others on this forum to resolve many issues. Hope they can help you. Best of luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #17
New Camper

THE MOST RECENT PROBLEM, ANYBODY LIKE GLASS SHOWERS? DIDN'T THINK SO
twotireracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

ok ,what was it screwed into and where is this so called engineer that designed this crap ......contact CR immediently with this latest mess up they have been doing...the workers should know better themselves and start complaining to management when they think problems could occur. They should have a right to refuse to do shoddy workmanship..it is their jobs on the line here..so much for quality omish work.... but that is only my opinion.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote