Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
New Camper

We purchased a Sunset trailer Crossroads trailer - which is our 3rd trailer and we are so disappointed by the horrible customer service. The first time we took out our brand new trailer we got 2 inches of rain in it and spent the night bailing out the trailer. We thought it was a fluke and took it back to the dealer to repair along with a small list of other minor problems. The next time we took it out - same thing and this time the rubber actually pulled away from the slide out. The dealer said it was out of warranty (it was 13 months old) and Crossroads told us that it was normal for trailers to have problems. Really - the slide out leaking is normal. The customer service by Crossroads is horrible. I would never buy another Crossroads trailer becasue they wouldn't stand behind the product. This was our retirement get away and we are afraid to take it out because it continually leaks. We have only had it 18 months and we are worried the whole floor will start molding from the constant leaking of the slide out. What kind of company does not stand behind it's products?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

meir, you mention above the dealer says it's 13 mos old and then you say you had it for 18 mos. So what? Either way if you bought it new CR has a 2 year warranty. Sounds like you have a non-supportive dealer but you need to contact CR directly. If you've done that already who did you talk to and what did they say about the leaking slide?

Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I would try contacting Randy Mischler at Crossroads, he tends to help people out on here a lot. Do a forum search for him, and you will find his phone #. It sounds from your post you have only used your TT twice since you got it a year ago? many on these boards have had problems with dealers and think the problem is crossroads until they contact crossroads directly. I would make sure you are dealing with crossroads directly.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I don't understand your post? Did it leak from day one and it's leaked for 13 months unresolved? If that's the case you should have fired your dealer, that's just terrible service!!!

I was under the impression the ST line has a 2 year warranty? Who did you talk to at CR? Certianlly your situation seems to be different than others who have found CR to be very responsive to majoy issues.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Sounds like you have a bad dealer. I had a bedroom slide leak. Took it to my dealer and he worked on it and still leaked. So I called the dealer again they was unsure at what was going on. So the dealer contacted Crossroads and so did I. Crossroads said they would fix the problems. So I gave them a list of all the things that I would like to fix along with the water leak. They sent a truck out to Iowa and picked the trailer up and fixed everything including the leak and brought it back to my house. I was upset and said that I have a waterfall with a fireplace. But Crossroads is the best service in my opionion they fixed me up. Contact them and they will get back to you. It won't be right away as they are busy but they will conatact you back!

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
New Camper

It was 13 months old when we took it back after it leaked the 2nd time. It is now 18 months old. Sorry for the confusion
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
New Camper

It sounds like many of you have had better luck than we did. I did contact Cross roads direclty through their Web site and the Cross Roads representative J<A name="">anet Fanning</A>is the one who told us it's normal for trailers to have problems. There doesn't seem to be a 2 year warranty as we bought the trailer brand new in Sept of 2010 and took it out for the 1st time 2 weeks later and had the first leak with 2 inches of water. The dealer said they fixed it but the next time we used it was for a long trip this October (by now the trailer was 13 months old) and it leaked again. It doesn't leakwhen it sits because the slide is pulled in. I will try looking for Randy - thanks everyone for your help. This has not been the experience we were hoping for.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Meier - If your dealer isn't Dehaan I would check them out for your service, or better yet try and get CR to have it hauled back to the factory for repair. I didn't purchase my trailer from DeHaan, but they took care of me when my trailer was out of warranty. Kaley there helped with getting the axle manufacture to cover part of the expense and she was completely available, open and honest in getting my issue resolved. Friends of mine have another brand and DeHaan serviced them well in the repair of their rear slide leak, something RT84 RV in Mundelein IL. couldn't do after multiple attempts.

Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #9
New Camper

Thanks for the help and especially to Ruck. I did email Randy Mishler and he had one of his team members Andy contact me. She is exactly what we were looking for. She was able to view the pictures the dealer sent her from our first repair and identified that there was a problem with the slide that was never properly fixed. She explained thatwe would continue to have this problem until it was fixed and she would take care of that.She was really open and honest about the problems we had and very apologetic for the roadblocks we hit. I really appreciated her - but am disappointed that I couldn't get that type of service right away.

Thanks everyone for your help - it was really appreciated