Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
New Camper

Interior & Exterior wall bowing

We recently noticed that the interior wall in the front bedroom of our 2014 28BH was bowing in and the paneling was starting to pop apart some. We have several friends that work in the RV industry look at it from an outside perspective and said we should bring it in as it is actually affecting the outside of the camper pulling the siding in as well.
Well it is currently sitting down at the dealer and even though we purchased an extended warranty it is not being covered by anything. We realize we bought the camper about 18 months ago (back when the warranty stuff was changing from 2 years to 1 year). But thought the extended warranty we purchased would cover this. The dealer has quoted us prices to fix this and it is being worked on now along with some other items. They are claiming it is something they have not seen on this new of a camper as the wood is actually warping and causing this.
We have also checked with Crossroads directly and they want to see pictures of it which hopefully the dealer is supplying to them. As they said they do some out of warranty repairs still.
Has anyone experienced anything like this on their walls?
aabshagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I think that's the first time I've seen anything like this posted. Hopefully CrossRoads will step up and help out, but I would be more disappointed in your extended warranty. The reason you pay for those is to cover things after the manufacturer warranty expires.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I would hope CR helps since it has only been 18 months and this sounds like structural failure.

I understand why your extended warranty doesn't cover it. Depends on the warranty - we purchased a 7 year "mechanical" type warranty. Covers things like the appliances, slide out, etc., but not the structure itself.

Good luck - we love our Zinger and anticipate it lasting.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
New Camper

Well so far no luck. And yes the extended warranty is covering some of the items that we brought it in for. Unfortunately we had only intended on the extended warranty deductible so we have to come up with some extra $$ before we pick the trailer back up again. And since we have a trip planned not all the repairs will happen before the trip as parts won't be in for 2-3 weeks yet.
The rear axle was bent as well and covered by warranty which was the majority of the repair bill leaving only a little over 1/3 for us to pay.
We are now waiting to hear back from Crossroads as the pictures aren't an option since the repairs were done before the dealer was told they wanted pictures.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
New Camper

Well looks like Crossroads is not willing to help on this at all. Which I wasn't really figuring they would. Not happy with the dealer though as they did not do as we asked them in getting pictures to Crossroads. Amazing how we asked for that and the repairs where completed already when we were originally told it would be a week.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I would pitch a fit with dealer and make them split the repair cost.

You specifically requested photos before and after, and they didn't comply. They should have to eat part of it for not following your instructions.
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 07-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
New Camper

So we had to pick up the trailer without all the work being completed since we were camping this past weekend at Indy Speedway. Dealer said we don't need to worry about any invoice at this time since not all the work is complete (still waiting for the new axle to show up, and just checked today and they are still saying another 2-3 weeks). Anyways we didn't see anything at that time. Have still been talking with Crossroads and talked with a manager there as we were not happy that Customer Service wasn't calling us back. They said that the dealer had never even contacted Crossroads about the problem. So the manager then called the dealer and did call us back stating that the repair work wasn't as bad as originally thought and that is why the invoice was much less than originally stated (yet we had never seen the new invoice). And the manger did nicely take care of the bill as it was. So in the end we should end up not paying anything for all the repair work.
Now just wish we really knew what was going on in the background of all of this. And not sure if we will deal with this dealer again or not because of all of this. And hoping the axle comes in soon as we have another trip coming up in a few weeks and plan to leave the camper up at the campground for a month since we don't need it down here for awhile.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Glad things are moving forward.

Amazing how many "problems" come from the dealer. It is unfortunate that they are so money hungry that they cannot perform satisfactory service (or even spend time doing the PDI they charge you for). Fortunately CR steps it up so people don't get screwed by the stealerships.
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 08-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Just musing here. I wonder how much correlation there is between MFG and Dealerships. Most retail dealers carry mulitple brands. Sales personal have a general or limited knowledge. of the multple selection. Bottom line we usually have more knowledge than them so do a good PDI. Educate yourself and get what you want nothing less.
There will always be some issues to correct. Elimanate most with good research and knowledge of the particular product
I think Lloyd will post a good link. I have misplaced it.
Go Well
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

You guys up the street from us at pleasant hill?
Charbgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Char,

I assume that is directed at me. We are seasonal in the Louisville, OH area. Up the street a ways, hang a right, and drive for an hour. We want to travel more soon, but seasonal works great and "forces" us to use it more!
2014 Zinger 32QB