Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi All - In November we purchased a Hampton 385FD and really love the layout. Since it was winter we did not set it up until recently. The problem we are seeing is that we are missing the 12V from the converter. The battery does supply power but goes dead (not getting charged). I have verified that the Battery is connected properly. The power center appears to have all circuit breakers turned on. Is there a separate Converter/Charger hidden next to the Power substation? Trying to save a service call out to the campground. Thanks in advance for the help !!!!
lstoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Do your 12 volt lights, etc work? Check the battery fluid making sure each cell is full. If it's a maintenance free battery, skip that step. Check the voltage coming to the battery, should be around 13 - 14 volts. If this is good, then the battery is probably kaput. If no voltage to the battery, the convertermight bethe culprit. I just took delivery of my HT38FL last Saturday so I am in the process of getting to know it. But in my Montana fifth wheel, the converter was behind the circuit breaker box.When you find it check the connections first then verify the voltage coming out of it. If you have voltage from the converter and to the battery then it's definitely the battery. If you have voltage from the converter but not at the battery check the wiring for condition and any inline fuses or CB's. No voltage from the converter, get a replacement under warranty as they can be expensive. Let us know how you make out.
Brownghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
New Camper

Found the problem - Both 35A Fuses burned out at the converter. Replaced those and we are good to go.

I do have some issue with CATV. The analog stations have a lot of noise but digital ststions are clear. Switch is in the cable position. Attaching directly from park cable to tv shows clear pictures on both types of channels...I suspect connections at the Jensen Booster plate or input place since this affects both tvs in the trailer. Thanks Again

lstoen is offline   Reply With Quote