Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Discontinued Sahara Line?

Been a while since I have been on the forum, but I'm a satisfied owner of a 2011 Sahara CF300ES. Have they discontinued the Sahara?
Old 04-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Site Team

The Sahara is no more and I believe the Patriot is not being produced also.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

In 2012 we had the inspection done at the dealer we bought from. They suggested our cap needed to be replaced due to extreme fading. We just thought that's just part of owning an RV they fade! The cap would be in in 3-4 wks painted decaled and ready to install. When we went back! There were no Cruisers on the lot. Our dealer dropped there line due to Cruiser dropping there warranty to 1yr. Also said the cap came in un painted so it would take longer to get completed. All in All dealer said they had become a pain to deal with about warranty payments. That's a shame because all the good folks on this form is what convinced us to by a Cruiser. The last 5th wheel we bought a Pilgrim went under just 4yrs after purchase. What is happening to this industry? Is it all about the $$$?
Old 04-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Crossroads had a period of bad service a little bit ago. But many of the forum members here, including myself, have very good service from the warranty department of Crossroads. It appears management changes have been for the better. Does that mean that everyone is happy with Crossroads? Of course not. Just like everybody is not happy with Jayco or Forest River.
As far as your dealer dropping Crossroads, I find it hard to believe it was done because of the 2 to 1 year warranty drop. Not many Rv's have 2 year warranties. Sounds like a lame excuse to me. I know, talking to one of Crossroads dealer reps, he reported that Crossroads has been weeding out the poor dealers. Maybe yours was one of them.
My dealer has had a good relationship with Crossroads. Very few complaints when I talk to my service rep.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Actually, quite a few companies still have two year warranties. Nice to hear some folks feel the company is finally breaking out of their funk... Amazing how quickly a company can be ruined versus how long it takes to fix a reputation.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I think the problem is that the public is demanding lower prices for everything, including RVs. In order to make cheaper RVs, they cut corners and rush them through the production line. We bought our trailer one year ago (it was the previous year's model still on the lot). We have had quite a few issues, the last of which are currently being dealt with. One major one was when they attached the trim to one of the slides, the staple went in crooked and caused the whole trim to split. Another biggie was the covering at the bottom of the unit was too tight and came loose. It has to be replaced. The trailer is in the shop now.

As for discontinuing lines, my feeling is that it might have to do with certain things selling and certain things not selling. We chose our Cruiser for the floor plan, which we are really happy with. Once we get all the inadequacies fixed, we will be happier. There are many makes and models of RVs and not all of them are popular, so models come and go.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

What I don't understand is when they change the numbers on a camper, from one year to the next, and everything on that unit is virtually the same. Case in point, I own a CF305SKP, if you look at this years CF315RL it is the same unit as the 305. The only two things I can find that is different between them is the 315 is about two feet longer, and the rectangular tub and shower in the 315 instead of a corner shower in the 305. Even the weights of the trailer are the same. So why the number change.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Crossroads had a period of bad service a little bit ago. But many of the forum members here, including myself, have very good service from the warranty department of Crossroads. It appears management changes have been for the better. Does that mean that everyone is happy with Crossroads? Of course not. Just like everybody is not happy with Jayco or Forest River.
As far as your dealer dropping Crossroads, I find it hard to believe it was done because of the 2 to 1 year warranty drop. Not many Rv's have 2 year warranties. Sounds like a lame excuse to me. I know, talking to one of Crossroads dealer reps, he reported that Crossroads has been weeding out the poor dealers. Maybe yours was one of them.
My dealer has had a good relationship with Crossroads. Very few complaints when I talk to my service rep.
We feel pretty good about the dealer we did business with, and know we were treated fairly. As for the reason they dropped the Cruiser line well only the dealer knows the truth. But I can say after stopping by for a few things hear and there they only offer RV's with a two year warranty.

All in all the wife and I are very happy with our Cruiser we bought the Sahara CF300ES the floor plan is quite spacious suits us very well. Other then the cap replacement.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
What I don't understand is when they change the numbers on a camper, from one year to the next, and everything on that unit is virtually the same. Case in point, I own a CF305SKP, if you look at this years CF315RL it is the same unit as the 305. The only two things I can find that is different between them is the 315 is about two feet longer, and the rectangular tub and shower in the 315 instead of a corner shower in the 305. Even the weights of the trailer are the same. So why the number change.
Hey Tommy its is like two-tone paint and White-Wall tires they just want you to have the one your neighbor doesn,t. Unfortunatly it works.
Go Well
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote