Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

It appears that the bed slide "runs across the carpet" with out any support under the bed. It would seem that if teflon strips were under the sides and end of the bed it would make the slide go in and out easier.

Any thoughts?

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you open the cover over the slide mechanism under the bed, you will see how it attaches to the bed frame. There are also adjustments that will raise the platform if it drags on the carpet, someone should have a link to the Lippert info on the bed slide mechanism. Then the only reason for the platform to drag on the carpet is if you load it up with a lot of heavy items. On my second Cruiser and never had a problem with the platform wearing grooves in the carpet.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Sme as Dayle I have had 2 crossroads and never a problem with bedroom slide after I got it adjusted properly.That was not a dragging it was seal pressure to stop air leaks..JMHO jb
Old 02-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Noresky: If I remember correctly we got our 335SS at about the same time last fall. I note that I have a depression of the carpet where the bedroom slide moves across it in mine. AS well the slide is not sealing strongly against the bottom seal on the out side. I am tghinking that I need to adjust the slide inward on the bottom two motors by one gear notch to fix these two problems. I will tell you more once the weather improves and I can look into it.

Also we had posted before about general slide adjustments. Just to let you know that after some back and forth with my dealer I got the kitchen and living room slides adjusted - big improvement. None the less I will be adding / adjusting some of the seals at the lower slide corners so that I get a proper seal when both opened and closed. It not perfect yet.

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Boomer - the dealer added an additional piece of gasket at the bottom of the bed slide - it does seal the bottom of the slide to the wall. Probably should have been part of the original design. I am not sure there is much if an inward adjustment at the bottom - probably why they added an extra piece of seal. When I get the batteries re-installed I'll take a picture and send it.

The Kitchen and soffa/Dinette slides seem to seal OK. We only had the trailer out once before I winterized it. There is an issue with the dinette - the screws that hold the legs down have come loose and will not stay tightened - may try to fix it my self before I take it back to the dealer.

Our first trip will be in April. Will keep you posted.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote