Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
New Camper

Bedroom lighting issue

Hello all, I'm new to owning a camper and need a lil help. I have a 2008 sunset trail 32ks and I'm having some issues with my front bedroom lights. The lights (3) in the bedroom and 1 in the underneath storage will not come on. The bulbs are all fine, the fuse is good, and the breaker is good. I'm sure that it's just a loose ground wire but I'm not sure where to start. Has anyone experienced this issue before? I don't wanna take the camper to a dealer and spend hundreds of dollars for a simple fix, plus we are staying in our camper full time due to my wife's traveling job. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless!
Jreeder82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Is there a switch on the wall that could be bad?

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
New Camper

No they all have individual switches.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We had the same symptoms with all the lights (3) in our slide. Fuse and bulbs were good and I also checked the voltage at each light, all over 12 volts. When any light was turned on, the voltage would drop to 0 volts. I don't remember why but at one point, I removed the positive wire from the fuse block for these lights and touched it to a known good positive terminal. Voila, the lights came on. I then re-attached it to a spare terminal on the fuse block, utilizing the original fuse. All has been ok since then. I guess it was a bad circuit on the converter.
Good luck with your search, I finally figured it out after 2 years of fiddling around and a month stay at the dealer.
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.
CampMacKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampMacKay View Post
We had the same symptoms with all the lights (3) in our slide. Fuse and bulbs were good and I also checked the voltage at each light, all over 12 volts. When any light was turned on, the voltage would drop to 0 volts. I don't remember why but at one point, I removed the positive wire from the fuse block for these lights and touched it to a known good positive terminal. Voila, the lights came on. I then re-attached it to a spare terminal on the fuse block, utilizing the original fuse. All has been ok since then. I guess it was a bad circuit on the converter.
Good luck with your search, I finally figured it out after 2 years of fiddling around and a month stay at the dealer.
Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works. The outlets in that room still work fine. So it has to be something simple.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

The lights ar 12v and the outlets are 110v. Don't run on same power source.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedroom lights, elec problems, lighting, sunset trail