Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

IL - Indoor Fairground Storage

Any of you guys in IL use fairgrounds for indoor storage? When I was in Michigan with my boat I stored it at a fairground for $7/ft, wasn't sure if there was something around here in IL? We're southwest of Chicago out by Joliet so something within about an hour or so would be ideal.

This was just for winter storage, one day in, and one day out..
Old 08-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't know of any real close to you, but if your in jam and cant find anything theres is an old lumber yard that went out of business about 8 miles South of Bloomington/Normal called RP Storage. Its $50 bucks a month for inside storage or $25 bucks for covered storage, I think it might be a 25 ft over hang and you can pay month to month if you want, its where we keep ours. Its fenced in and you need a code to get through the gate. We live a couple miles from there and is where we park ours. I would be more then happy to keep an eye on it when I go out and check ours. I know its a little far but could be an option it you can't find anything closer.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks - I found somewhere closer but they are around $400 for Nov 1 - March 30 (about $80/mo), the place you store at is about $250 for the same period - now the only question is the miles/travel time is it a wash . Man I wish that place was close to me, we pay $50/mo for outside storage and that's a deal around here - lol. Do you mind PM'ing me the exact address or any contact info? I think that might be a pretty good deal as it's about 120 miles from me..
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Oh, last question - any good camping spots around that area? One idea would be to make our last outing in mid october around there - winterize and just store it and then load up our stuff in the truck on the way home - just a thought would require some coordination of refridge stuff etc..
Old 08-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

There is the fall Crossroads get together in October at a nice campground by Bloomington, I don't remember the dates off the top of my head, but I know there's a thread started with info and I will PM you the info for storage

The get together is Oct 24 through the 26 at Comlara Park

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote