Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Just wanted to take a moment to ask everyone to be safe.
A town very close to me lost a large portion of a family in an RV crash.

The scene is horrific.
Truly a tragedy.

Just wanted to post a note, to remind all of us to take a second and think of safety with our RV's.
My boys are young and it will be awhile before they are old enough to drive, but for those who have kids "old enough" to legally pull an RV or drive a home, remember that we have a lot more experience behind the wheel. Give the kids a few years before asking them to take on the responsibilities of towing.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...idnt-wear-seat

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Site Team

I seen that accident on the Twin Cities news. Horrible!! Looked like a bomb went off in that rig and trailer!!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Very sad indeed. I learned how to drive a small horse trailer at 16. I was hauling myself to horseshows before I was even 18. I don't think I would ever have had the skills to handle my 30' TT back then. I was intimidated moving to my 30' TT from a 2 horse bumper pull horse trailer even w/ 20 yrs of hauling under my belt. I can't imaginedriving something that big at 17 yrs old. It is a terrible tragedy but what strikes me is they were riding in a trailer and without seatbelts. From the article it sounds like even the 2 yr old wasn't strapped in. I pray the family is able to heal themselves from this tragedy and I hope that others learn from their mistakes so that maybe just maybe a tragedy can do some good even if in only a very small way.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote