Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Roof rubber cover blew off

I've had my Elevation for one year and 10 days and after arriving home from a 279 mile trip, I found that the roof rubber had peeled back about 10 feet from the front...back over the bedroom vent cover. It tore badly and a large chunk is littering the countryside somewhere. Has anyone had this happen and what hope is there for me to get CR to repair this? Thanks, Triple
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Have not had it happen but have read of similiar incidents on CR Elevation and also Rushmore. Get right on this contact CR directly provide pictures. If you trust your dealer get them involved. Phone directly they don't respond well to email.
Your are in that warranty 1 year situation just push they have been improving their customer service of late.
Sorry for your trouble. Best of luck keep us posted
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by socoguy View Post
Get right on this contact CR directly provide pictures. If you trust your dealer get them involved. Phone directly they don't respond well to email.
Your are in that warranty 1 year situation just push they have been improving their customer service of late.
I am pretty sure that your rubber roof has more than a one year warranty. It used to be twelve years, but I am not sure what it is now. I also agree with SOCO you want to call their customer service, no e-mail.... Good Luck..
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I for one would certainly call CR and let them know the situation. I'll bet they will tell you the 12 year roof warranty is on the rubber membrane, and not the shoddy workmanship when they forgot to glue it down properly (well they probably won't say it that way)! Irregardless, I would hope they would come thru for you as they obviously installed it incorrectly. Good luck!
2014 Ram Hemi Outdoorsman 3:92RE
2013 ST Reserve 30RE
p4lrjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes, get in touch with them. Like stated this has been known to happen. I have even heard of this happening to the mighty Redwood.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I've had my Elevation for one year and 10 days and after arriving home from a 279 mile trip, I found that the roof rubber had peeled back about 10 feet from the front...back over the bedroom vent cover. It tore badly and a large chunk is littering the countryside somewhere. Has anyone had this happen and what hope is there for me to get CR to repair this? Thanks, Triple
I have had this EXACT thing happen to my 2013 Elevation 3912 this summer. CR authorized an entirely new roof rubber membrane from front to back. When the dealer peeled back the rest of the roof, there was only about 50% of the required sealant used from the manufacturer.

The only silver lining I see is that now I (and you will too) have a BRAND NEW roof, sealed 100% correctly (assuming your dealer is a good dealer and care about the work).

And yes...it really sucks.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
New Camper

Wink Roof rubber cover blew off

Well folks, I'm new to these forums and can only say I am overwhelmed by the positive outpouring of kind guidance from so many of you. Thank you so much. I had trouble with this trailer the very first day after picking it up at the dealer. My dealer has been the BEST DEALER I've ever dealt with. This is my 4th trailer and I have had some real loser dealers in the past. But this dealer has stood by me and even refunded money for my troubles! Unbelievable. I found them on the internet, Chase RV, Pierre, SD. And yes, I drove all the way from TX to SD to buy from them. Being the weekend, I haven't called them yet but know they will support me. After all y'all's encouragement I'm sure now that CR will also help me. Even though I've had more trouble with this trailer than any one owner could stand, I do have to say I love this trailer. It's 2,000# lighter than my Rubicon toy hauler that was a total piece of junk. Anyway, my motivation to post tonight was to thank you all for such kind and positive support. Very helpful! Hope I can help y'all in the near future!
Triple
Old 08-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

What YEAR and MODEL is your Elevation?

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
Site Team

Since you are on your 4th trailer, I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge to offer also.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your repair.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #10
New Camper

My trailer is a 2014 Elevation 3210 TT Toy Hauler.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
New Camper

Thanks Mark & Susan.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #12
New Camper

Does CR read these forum posts?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
Site Team

Possibly, but this is a forum run by Social Knowledge, L.L.C. Crossroads, like other guests to the forum, may view any thread posted here.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #14
New Camper

Got it. Thanks again Mark. I'm just learning how this forum thing works.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Make sure no matter what Customer Service promises you, get it in writing. I'm in the same situation with my roof, torn while traveling at 15 months after purchase, no glue underneath. Dealers (two) would not touch it without warranty authorization, and after 3 weeks the Customer Service Retail Manager offered me a factory appointment or an appointment at a local dealer that he would set up. Took the local option, showed up and no one knew why I was there. Called back and found the CS Manager left the company and there is nothing in writing to support my claim that a repair was authorized. All his promises were to me over the phone. I'm at 15 weeks since reporting the issue, and the CS rep yesterday told me the problem is that there is nothing in writing from the manager and it will likely get denied.
Other than the roof issue, this unit has been good to me.
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #16
Site Team

You are talking about your dealer's CS rep, correct?? I would call Crossroads service and explain you situation to them. Direct contact with Crossroads often helps. Good luck with your repair.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #17
New Camper

Well gentlemen. So far so good. As y'all suggested, I called my dealer. As I said in my earlier post, Chase RV in Pierre, SD is awesome. Talked to warrenty lady and she put me directly with CR Warrenty. Talked to a nice man there, Lynn, and he directed me to the exact RV repair place I wanted to use near me. This I admit was probably luck but Lynn was trying to find a place close by. So far repair place agrees a new roof is only option. I am armed with y'all's warnings to fight the next battles if needed. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again to each and every one of you!
Triple
Old 08-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
You are talking about your dealer's CS rep, correct?? I would call Crossroads service and explain you situation to them. Direct contact with Crossroads often helps. Good luck with your repair.
I have made direct contact with CR CS from day 1 and have worked with many of the reps and a manager over 15 weeks. Currently working with Lynn, and he has been honest with me that I do not have documentation of the repair promise and it may not work out in my favor. I always keep dates, times, who I talked to and what was said. Lynn asked me for any communications and I replied with 4 typewritten pages. That is why I recommend getting repair promise in writing.
While I'm less than pleased, I understand business and just want others to learn from my experience. As I mentioned, other than this roof issue I have an awesome toy hauler. But there is that missing my first planned Sturgis trip this year....
Just want this to be resolved so it either gets fixed or I'll see if my extended warranty covers any of it. Hope to see you out on the road.
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
New Camper

Denviola: thanks. As I said all my dealings have been with CR. I will, as you advised, get things in writing.
Thanks,
Triple

Tags
roof trouble