Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
New Camper

Not what I expected

I have a elevation 3840. Bought it in may 2014 and had it in my possession for about 3 weeks total. Had slide out problems broken wall studs and other minor issues but nothing compares to the broken chassis. It went back to the factory for the repairs after the 3rd time going back to my dealer. So said they fixed everything. Just got it delivered to my house on oct 11 it was filthy when it arrived. Had gaskets that were not in place on the slides. Wires hanging out the slides u name it. I was able to fix those items myself. Also had to buy stain to fix all the chips in the wood work that the dirt and tape covered. And after all that I washed the exterior of camper to only learn that it had areas repainted while in the shop. Apparently it is common practice for crossroads to glob on compound over areas where the paint was burnt from buffing to much are huge chips in the paint. Same practice they employed with tape and dirt in the interior. When I asked for them to ship me the paint and I would take care of the issues myself mainly because I'm just sick of their " excellent support " through out the whole thing. I basically got told to buy the paint myself. But they did email me the paint codes though. I know things happen I haven't been raising hell with them about this all I keep asking is for them to make it right. I guess I should have been a little more of a pain in the @$$ I guess.

Not a happy camper

Todd Dufrene

2015 Ford F-350
Regretfully a 2014 3840 elevation
toddbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I hate to hear that your experience has been a bad one. Nothing like paying a huge sum of money for something you expected to bring you pleasure and it gives you anything but. I've been there with a former fiver that I owned (not quite as bad as yours), and once they got all the kinks worked out, I had a nice rig. Frankly, I miss that camper, but not the big payment. Hope your bad luck is behind you and you are able to camp and enjoy it now. I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
New Camper

Yea I'm new to the forum. So far I'm on day 3 on trying to fix everything. If I could get my hands on some paint I might could be done by the weekend hopefully. It is disappointing because we really like the camper.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Hang in there, Todd. Hopefully the problems are in your rear view mirror and you can relax and enjoy it. Once you get that paint fixed, anyway. It's a shame QC isn't any better in the RV industry, but it is definitely an industry wide problem.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

We have friends we camp with that had a lot of problems with their rig. CR brought it back to the factory to fix the problems, but before our friends got the rig delivered back to them CR flew them to the factory to inspect their rig. After they OK'ed the repairs CR had it delivered to their house....
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
New Camper

yea that would have been nice if they would have brought us to the factory. but after paying for something for 5 months and not having it, i was kinda ready to get some type of use out of it. but i do know one thing for sure. i will never own another crossroads rv no matter how much we like the floor plan. and the shame of it all is that it is a really nice looking camper. "from a distance"

Todd Dufrene

2015 Ford F-350
Regretfully a 2014 3840 elevation
Old 10-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

agreed Todd…..32strl…..love it, BUT I can build you a house, so most things like this don't bother me….EXCEPT the response you get from your dealer and/or CR factory rep…..still debating about going to NTSB about the tag THEY put on my camper stating a spare size and giving me a smaller one. Camping World and CR factory both kinda said,.. SO!…..outside that we're coming to grips with the FACT ALL campers leave the factory DIRTY (metal filings, putty holes filling not remover, etc.)…..go fishing and TRY and relax!…..it's hard for me to do…..I'm a Mailman!….yep!…for real!….
drummerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #8
New Camper

My mom is a mail lady for the last 27 years lol. And Yea I will hopefully be camping and fishing in a couple weeks. And im not really a complainer. Sometimes I should be but things like this never really bother me. It all goes back to you are never given more than you can handle. So far I fixed everything myself except the paint. And local paint reps are having trouble mixing it to the right color. When I bought this camper I didn't know it at the time but I found out later that it was a concept used to go to dealer shows so it has a custom paint job and 2 full bathrooms which is the reason I bought it in the first place. I been leaving messages for precision paint in elkhart, in which is the company that did the paint job, to call me but no luck with that yet. Guess I will wait and see how the future plays out.

Todd Dufrene

2015 Ford F-350
Regretfully 2014 3840 Elevation
Old 10-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
New Camper

Old 10-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #10
New Camper

Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
New Camper

a few pictures of the camper. also the reason why it is upsetting.

Todd Dufrene

2015 Ford F-350
Regretfully 2014 3840 Elevation