Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hey fellow campers.

Well I have to vent a little. We started our first camping trip of 2010 to our favorite local campground and found we could not get the heat or A/C to work. It looks like the thermostat (Remote) would not work. I ran through all the checks and balances I could think to include looking on the roof for fuses that might have blown.. With no luck. Ended up going to Wal-mart to purchase the last elec heater they had among all the fans for summer.

I really do not like the remote, but cannot find anyone who will replace the thermostat without wanting to replace the whole unit.

I do hope this is not the sign of things to come for 2010. We had such a bad year last year and DW is ready to park it on the side of the road for someone to come pickup.

Happy camping to everyone in 2010.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I went to walmart and bought a hunter thermostate for under 20.00$ and got the wireing diagram by doing a search. Maybe hunter11 can help us out.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Keith, email me later for some info on the remote. I still say our trailers were built on the same day and it was either a Friday or a Monday. Ours has been at the dealers for a week now. Here are a couple of links below to the Hunter thermostat install.

http://www.rverscorner.com/hunterstat.htm

http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/07/14/rv-digital-thermostat
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Another "atta boy" for Crossroads who stepped up and assisted me with my problem with the a/c-heat.. Replacement parts are on the way... Thanks again for everyone's advice and assistance. Let's hope the next trips end great.

Williamsburg, VA

Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I can sure agree with parking my 5er on the side of the road and letting whatever happen, happen. Hotwater tank not working...mixing valve needs replaced...at least under warranty. bi-fold cover over burners finally got replaced after third one...the list continues...thank GOD for Randy....just got to know AMY recently, she took over for Shannon. They know me at Crossroads on a first name basis...I agree with Keith, mine had to have been built on a Friday or Monday.

Seasonal Site, Autumn Lakes Campground-Sunbury, Ohio

https://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...r/DSCF0342.jpg
krazed5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

OK.. This nightmare continues..

Started my third trip this year and after getting to the campground at dusk, my slide would not open (couch/dinnette). You could hear the motor "clicking".. No problem, remain calm and find the manual crank and we will get this thing open and enjoy my weekend camping. Use the manual crank and "snap" the manual rod attached to the motor breaks off. I'm loosing it fast by now.. Climb under and look at the motor and yep the rod twisted off right at the motor. Only a 1/2 stub remains sticking out of the motor. Contacted Lippert Components and they said take it to local dealership for warranty work. So guess I will be spending my weekend in a 1/2 open trailer. I don't want to open the slide and be stuck open. Better closed so we can roll on Sunday. I am really loosing faith in my PP now. I do believe Crossroads steps up to assist, but when EACH trip is messed up because of junk going wrong, your faith dwindles.

Hope others are having a better year.

Williamsburg, VA

Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Keith, I feel your pain. We finally got ours back form the dealer last Saturday and I am putting it up for sale as soon asI can get it cleaned up and an add placed. I cannot remember one trip we have taken with the PP we have not had an issue of some kind. The old Cruiser was great but not this one. Hope you get yours worked out at some point.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Keith, Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Hope you will still hang around and help every one like you have in the past. Every one knows I'm just here for comic relief lol
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I think that all of us who bought a PP and thought they were buying an upline were sadly mistaken, the PP was the same as the cruiser, right down to the last detail, except for different floorplans, all the rest of the unit was the same, I think the PP was crossroads "cash cow" alot more money for the same unit, our init will sit this summer, I don't think we are even going to flush the anti-freeze and I am sure sooner or later we will sell it, I was foolish and added alot of goodies to this unit, to which I will lose out on, and I have learned alot from this unit, I will be much more fussy with my next unit....crossroads has been more than fair with me, and I have bought 3 from them but it's time to move on, I guess the saying that you get what you pay for is true..........

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

I have learned alot from this unit too. However, I have not had the problems you all have had. I did have a issues with the roof and decals and CR did come in to a degree and I think better than any other RV makers. I have learned to really do a GOOD inspection before signing papers. I think there is only one other that is giving a 3 year coverage. I hope that if you guys do move on that you can check back as you have been a wealth of information here.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Update- My bell housing stop has pulled thru the frame and is stuck in the middle of the it. This is why the slide would not extend. Dealership has had to order me a new bell housing and will have to cut the old one out of the frame. Lippert was contacted and they declined my warranty because they are telling the dealership that their warranty is only good for 3 years from when the unit was BUILT. I did not from date of purchase it's aNEW until 07 and it was built in 2006. I have seen a warranty not be good from date of purchase, but not from the date of manufacture.

While the slide was stuck, I attempted to use the manual slide which broke off the rod attached to the motor. Dealership said I have to replace the whole motor to have this option back at $300.00 for a motor.

I will be in contact with Crossroads on this issue. Yes I thought I was doing a great upgrade from my Cruiser, but was WRONG. Edited by: Virginia RVers

Williamsburg, VA

Old 05-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I know a couple who have a PP, haven't had one warranty issue. However, it seems from this forum that the PP series have a abnormally high rate of failures given it was sold as a Cruiser upgrade.

It looks like the Cruiser is still the bet value/quality from the Crossroads organization. I have looked at the Kingston but it looks like a Cruiser with a few upgrades at about 10K higher of a price, kinda reminds me of the PP and is probably the replacement of the PP.

I hope Kingston owners don't have the same run of bad luck the PP folks have had. It's one thing for a company to be responsive to customers but that doesn't forgo the allowance for junk
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Sorry to hear about all of the PP problems.

We had a 2006 PF36RD and we loved it!!. We fulltimed in it for almost 4 years before a semi totaled it. Never had a problem except the logo on the front cap.

Honestly, I wish I had the PP back. Our 2010 Kingstonis not nearly as well made as the PP.

Full Time 12 Years
First RV in 1980

Semper Fi 63-69
hollardawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote