Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #21
New Camper

Not really defensive... just wondering why the store I went too did not appear anything like what was being described in this thread. I found that communicating my expectations specifically, and securing agreement to them before going forward, has led to mutual understanding that has saved me a lot of conflict in my life. Vacuums suck crap!

Drivenhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #22
New Camper

Again, good for you on getting lucky with them!
SLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to tomandlori
Well people, I Bought a 2011 Zinger, I picked it up Dec. 2010. Not even 3 months later I went to get it from our storage lot. And there was water inside the front storage compartment. Took it back to national rv in belleville. Took them about 2 months to fix it. I had to call them at least once a week to find out whats goin on. I picked it up to go camp with it our first trip. We took itcamping in March 2011. The front compartment had water in it again. Also a front trim peice was comming loose and theslide out seal was coming off the unit. It took them 2 months again to tell me its fixed.I drive an hour to go pick it up from them. I get there, the seal was never touched. the trim piece had another screw put in it on an angle this time. I waited over 2 hours for them to fix the seal. The salemen I bought it from comes out and says " we don't build these" and I said ya I know, and you can't fix them either. I took it home and when I got there thetrim piece was off even worse then before. I have taken it back to them $ times for water in the front storage since it was brand new. The last time was the Fri after thanksgiving 2012. They had it 3 months, couldn't fix the water leak. I had to call them constantly to check on the status. 2 times they tell me it's fixed, I go there, and sure enough there isICE inside it.Beginning of April 2013 thet tell me they want it to go back to manufacture in Tapeca In. for them to fix it. And want ME to get it there at my expense. All this is still under warrenty. National RV's Jason in servicetries to tell me they lost over $800.00 on this camper trying to fix it. And can't afford to send his own guy to IN. They finnaly get it to the manufacture.Crossroads fixes it in about 2 weeks and asks mewhen I can come pick it up. This camper wasinfor repair for 6 months to repair a water leak.I lost a wholes pay from work andwell over $700.00in gas going back and forth so many times for this camper. The service dept. is so incompitent. They didn't set up my weight dist. hitch right at all. didn't even come close, the back of my truck was resting right on the axle. I was there to pick up my camper one time, another customer was there to pick up his 5th wheel with a furnice problem. They told him it was fixed, he went out there and it was not fixed, Jasonasked for the mechanic to come up to look at it. mechanic come up and said it was not fixed yet, the part is right there on jasons desk. What is going on here I asked. I also found 2 other people who have been lied to by National RV in Bellville. I have had this camper back to national rv a total of 7 times all for warrenty work andnever fixed right the first time. I was lied to by the servicedept, the sales dept. And Jason says He doesn't even like working there, it's just a pay check. He offered to help us out ifwe take on a lawyer but to keep his name out of it. He even gave us his personalcell number to call hime to meet somewhere to talk. I have nothing good to say about this place at all.
tomandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

I bought my 2013 ST29SS from National RV and had a great experience. The PDI was over an hour And I really didn't have any questions. Never felt any sales pressure at all. We were in and out of sales lot three times trying to decide if we wanted to buy and our sales lady never did anything but make us feel welcome. On the other hand I also never needed any service work so I can't comment on that end. I will buy there again when the time comes if they offer me the best price.Edited by: hondavalk
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #25
New Camper

Just purchased a Sunset trail 32RL from National RV. will never go there for service since it is in Detroit and I live in California, but the purchase saved us thousands of dollars even with it being shipped to our front door. Gabrielle our sales person was wonderful and made sure it was everything we wanted. answered all questions even before we decided to buy. We had been looking for this unit for about a year so we knew what we wanted so it made it easy.
Dawna/Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 AM   #26
Family Vacation Member

We also had a good experience as well purchaseing our camper. the sales dept. was good. All our problems occured in the service dept. National didn't even set up my hitch system corectly at all. Starting just 3 months after we bought it. We went to our storage lot to use it for the very first time, and found water in the front left storage compartment. Took it back to them 4 times in the first 2 years of owning it. They never ever did fix it. It also went back for the front trim peice comming off. They said it was fixed. I took it home, and found when I got home it came off even more then when I dropped it off. Crossroads got the camper in April 2013. They fixed the leak. I picked it up from them, a 4 hour drive for me and a days loss of work. I live in Detroit MI area, Crossroads in Indiana. Now first time to use it this time was July 4 week 2013, and water was back in the left front storage. Only 2 months later. We contacted them, yes they say bring it back to them, at my expense again. And I will have to go pick it up again at my expense.Crossroads is also stating they fixed it the first timeas a curtacy issue saying itwas out of there 2 year warrenty. National RV got the camper Thinksgiving Fri. 2012. 2 moths shy of our 2 year of possesion. Water leak was never ever fixed. National RV had this unit for 4 months and couldn't fix it, they gave up on it.Then shipped it to Crossroads for them to fix it. Crossroads had it for 1 month said they fixed it. It is NOT fixed. There is noLemon Law for campers in thestateof Michigan. We are at witts end on what to do. We are really fed up with us loosing so much of our own money for them to try and fix this water leak. We really cant even say we like capmingany more.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

I have also heard bad things about the owners daughter. People are very rude there. They also lyedto a few others about which camper they purchased I found through facebook.I was in the service dept. when there where 3 other people there having problems with there work. They where all come backs from bad work. The service dept. Jason told me flat out he doesn't like working there, its just a paycheck. He gave us his personal cell number to call and talk about getting an attorny, and he would go against his employer. gave us pictures that the company didn't want to get out.