Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I will tell you that I thought my kids would spend a lot more time in the bunkhouse Watching tv or just hanging out but they didn't. On the other hand I used the outdoor kitchen every trip, we move the tv from the bunkhouse out to watch sports and we keep a blender and an ice maker out there and make margaritas and daiquiris all summer. The refrigerator would be hard to give up once you have had one. Just something to consider we spend a lot of time outside when camping not inside. Also what engine do you have in your truck that one trailer sounds like it's getting pretty heavy.
I feel the same way, I really liked that outside kitchen feature on the 31BH and really wish the 36DB had the same feature. We are looking for a trailer that will be used for weekend trips but also use for extended stay trips, so the extra space and large amounts of general storage is nice in the 36DB, but not a deal breaker in the 31BH. I have a Duramax.
ATP EFI Live, Edge CTS Insight, S&B CAI, PPE boost valve, Pro Fab AIH, AirDog II 165, Mike L built trans, ML-G converter, Allison deep pan, HD trans cooler, Nicktane CAT adapter, 5" straight pipe, Firestone Ride Rite, Cognito braces & HD tie rods, H2's, 305/70-17 Nitto TG's, B&W Turnoverball, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

2015 Crossroads Longhorn Rezerve LFZ36DB
Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

I can see by your signature that your truck is tricked out with many AM options, so it is not a problem at all..

Aileen is correct and I have also always said the same thing, find the floor plan that fits your family and your needs...It dosen't matter if you are on a week end trip or an extended trip if you are NOT comfortable in your camper you will be looking for another one soon...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 12-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

I read thru, and if clarification is still needed:

Longhorn = Zinger

Hill Country = Sunset Trail
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 12-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #24
Ken
Weekend Camper

Yes you are correct Eddy, the only difference is the interior package and exterior graphics otherwise the same as a Zinger and Sunset Trail. If you go online to explore rv usa you can check them out. I believe they are the only dealer that carries them.

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Old 12-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Here's an update to where we are in our fifth wheel endeavors. We've been torn between the LFZ31BH and the LFZ36DB. Well after heading out to the Canton, Tx Explore USA and throughly looking at the 31 again we have decided that the 36 is the one we want. We spoke with the sales rep there just to see what kind of "year end" pricing was going on. Well, we ended up negotiating a price that I've found to be unbeatable by any of the other Explore USA dealers in the DFW area. So even though we had all intentions for a Spring purchase we have placed a deposit on the LFZ36DB and will be doing our PDI before the New Year. Any additional pointers for purchase are more then welcome.
ATP EFI Live, Edge CTS Insight, S&B CAI, PPE boost valve, Pro Fab AIH, AirDog II 165, Mike L built trans, ML-G converter, Allison deep pan, HD trans cooler, Nicktane CAT adapter, 5" straight pipe, Firestone Ride Rite, Cognito braces & HD tie rods, H2's, 305/70-17 Nitto TG's, B&W Turnoverball, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Old 12-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #26
Site Team

Print out a PDI and take it with you, and by all means go by it.
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/
Old 12-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

I will, thank you Lloyd.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

The extended warranty we are purchasing is XtraRide from Protective Asset Protection. Anyone have any experience from them? Good/Bad?

Old 08-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #29
Site Team

OK people. This original thread was an introduction to the forum. If you would please post new topics on the appropriate threads it would be greatly appreciated. Since we are so far off the topic I am closing this thread and will try to move the new questions to an appropriate thread.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Closed Thread