Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

spec diagrams

I bought a 2005 CT30RL with less than 400 miles on it. So far so good. But I would like to know where everything is behind the scenes on this unit. Wiring channels, plumbing layout, vent trails, etc. Is there a construction document available for this? Thanks
newbienomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Best I can do for you is this---
http://www.rvzen.com/lp/mmy/crossroa...012/manual.pdf

Maybe somebody else has more.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Good luck with that! Diagrams for what you are asking are pretty much not available. There may be some people on here that can help with a more specific question. Things change so quickly and it seems each worker on the factory floor does things differently. Wires are strewn all over above the membrane - both 120 and 12v. You might get some info on plumbing - but if you simply look where everything is and look for vents on the roof you will get a pretty good idea where the plumbing runs. I do wish schematics were available but probably not for something from 2005. You can try calling CR for help. Good luck.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I sometimes wonder if there is such a thing as a wiring diagram for a particular RV. I sometimes feel like there no documentation on the individual rigs just a general know-how among the workers about what sorta goes where.

From what I perceive as a lack of documentation if all the floor workers were to quit en-masse the mfg would go broke before they figured out how to build an RV.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

The best thing I did was to attend the Crossroads rally in Shipshewana this past July and went on the factory tour. They were just starting to assemble my model of trailer and I was able to look and photograph pretty much all of the assembly. I took up close pictures of all the plumbing and electrical. But as for plans or schematics, I did not see any laying around the area where the work was being done, so I would say that the workers know where everything needs to go and when it has to be there to make the whole thing come together.
Hensley Arrow
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote