Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Took new FW into Camping World for some minor warranty work. On Nov. 14, they still have a few things on order, however let me pick it up on 21 Dec. as we are going camping for a few days. They did have it quite awhile already and should have gotten everything fixed. I walked into the service bay to have a look at it. First thing I noticed was the fiberglass fender skirt was all cracked and broke. I asked the guys in the shop what happened and they didnt know. Service Manager came out and couldn't explain it either, he said "he had heard someones trailer had been damaged, but didnt know it was mine. Well geez, dont you think the Service Manager would check into a report like this. Said he would order a new skirt, then I asked about the trim piece that is between the top and bottom panel that runs the whole length of the slide out. He called over his body repair man and asked if the trim piece could be replaced, he said it could. So then I said ok, well what about the whole bottom quarter panel, as it was a dented and the paint rubbed off. first he said they could fix it, the the body guy said no, it would have to be replaced also. So now parts are on order for that, and who know how long it will take for them to come in. I was really P.O.ed about that time. Wanted to know how it happened and why didnt they call, no answer. It was like well maybe he wont notice it. Now today when I start to wash it, I notice the window above the damaged area, has the trim dented in also. Guess tomorrow, I make another call to CW and let them know, hope they dont try to say they didnt do that.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

What CW are you dealing with?
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

In Jacksonville, Fl.
Also had them look at the TV, when it is hooked up to the Jensen amp all I get is buzzing when I try to play it thru the ceiling speakers. They said they fixed it. When I got home I tried it, no buzzing. However it would still not play thru the speakers, upon checking all they did was disconnect the plugs to the Jensen from the audio out on the TV, gee they did get rid of the buzzing. Called Service Manager on that also, now have to take it back in just to show him. I probably should not have went to this CW, they were a new store that really had just opened up.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Bought our first travel trailer (a 2010Denali 292) from Camping World in Katy, TX and the service department is the sole reason I did not buy our new 5th wheel there. Absolutely terrible service !! Four months to get warranty on the electric tongue jack which failed soon after we took delivery. They have a lot of good camping stuff but I have never heard any good comments on their service department.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Wow....guess I should let me florida friends know about this experience...I hope that you took some pictures....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

If you happen to be in Myrtle Beach, SC and need a CW, my suggestion would be to utilize the one on Hwy 501 VS the CW on Hwy544. Had a mobile home, with windows leaking problems, they left it outside awaiting repairs and it rained(poured hard) window leaked, and after theysaid it was fixed, with pressure testing, took it home and it still leaked, missing a seal around the drivers side window!?!? Hwy 501 CW took care of it and have been super since that time. JMHO

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Learned long ago, not to take my 4x4 Ford Truck to a Jeep Dealers shop for repairs.

Sure hope you get it straightened out before season starts

greyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruck

If you happen to be in Myrtle Beach, SC and need a CW, my suggestion would be to utilize the one on Hwy 501 VS the CW on Hwy544. Had a mobile home, with windows leaking problems, they left it outside awaiting repairs and it rained(poured hard) window leaked, and after theysaid it was fixed, with pressure testing, took it home and it still leaked, missing a seal around the drivers side window!?!? Hwy 501 CW took care of it and have been super since that time. JMHO

We dealt with just the people at the service/parts desk on 544 in myrtle beach. They were wonderful to us. We had hooked the battery up backwards and had no power. At the time we didn't know this was the problem. We were very unhappy that there was no power to fridge/AC etc but there was power to some outlets. They were unable to get a service tech to us (busy friday afternoon in early June). We went over and talked to them after finding out what we had done wrong and that we had blown a couple of fuses in the process. (yes rookie mistake). They were out of the fuse we need (40 amp) but got us the name and numbers of several places to try. They even got us the name of an independantguy who would come to our TT for a charge if necessary (since this was no longer a warranty thing). They spent a great deal of time helping us out even though they had nothing that we needed. I would go back there if I ever need help in Myrtle beach again.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #9

I've had good and bad dealings with CW at Statesville N.C.. First was a bad in 2006 when they installed rails and a new fifth wheel hitch on my new truck that I'd only had for three days. They set the hitch on the tailgate and pushed it into the bed making two long scratches. However, they gave me an option of getting a estimate or taking a $500.00 credit in the store.Of course they didn't tell me about it. I found it when I looked in the bed before I left CW. Since I was planning on have the bed sprayed, I took the credit. Since then I've had warrenty work and had new rails installed in the bed of my 2011 truck. All in all they have done right by me. I hate you had bad service. They should have called you when it happened and already had the parts shipped overnight for the repairs. Thats just wrong. Edited by: Deputydog
Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I have to agree, i bought a 2012 5er from them back in Nov. I picked it up in Jan. They had to install a capture plate on it. They couldn't get it right in the 3 months it sat there, and never returned my calls. When I picked it up they had no bill for me, then called me and requested 150.00 more then their quote. They finally settleted on a 100.00 discount. The morale to my story is Camping World St. Augustine has a lousy service dept, and a none attentive GM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Well CW in Jacksonville still has my NEW cruiser, since Nov. 14. it was in there for a few minor things, they finally got the fender skirt, panel and trim piece replaced ( this was stuff they had damaged at their lot) Still waiting on window they also damaged. I havent been over to look at the repair work yet. But you better believe Iam going over it with a fine tooth comb and it if it doesnt look like new, they will be redoing it. They didnt call me with updates, so I started calling them every Wed. and finally they called me and gave me some updates. I had thought about pulling it out of there and taking it to CW in St. Augustine, thought they may be better because they had been around longer. Sounds like you arent happy with them. One thing Iam still waiting for is the VIN number stamped on the trailer does not match the Title VIN, this is one thing I took it in for in Nov. They still havent figured out how to do it. CR told them to buy some metal stamps and fix it. CW is quite sure how to do that. I told them I would be happy with a Metal plate made up and riveted over the old VIN. Also still have the sliding closet door handle on order, since Nov.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Lawyer time ? Loss of use due to their negligence in damaging your unit ? You can bet they would be lawyering up if the situation was reversed.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

cw of sa got my camper nov 3 to do warranty work (was supposed to be ready before dec)picked it up jan 30,they are supposed to be ordering another part, thinking of waiting till may and heading to the factory,
enuff said( dont need anymore trouble)

2011 cf285rl patriot cruiser

07 dodge cummings
joescuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Reading old threads as I have just found this forum, and this is scary. Just bought my 2012 cruiser from camping world St Augustine, and live closer to the jacksonville one and hoped to use them if I had problems. I guess I had better check on the parts they were supposed to order for me when we purchased it.
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Hey Shoe know ya from the Dodge Forum! I own my 2nd 2012 cruiser, first one was one slide 27 this one is 38 3 slides. We buy at CW St. Augustine too! Great prices but service hummmmm. We have to go back there next month for service so I'll let ya know, rusted lug nuts,center caps, and a brake issue.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Hey moparguy, been wanting to ask you how that truck is still running? So how does it pull that 38 footer. Thinking about doing some mods to mine and looking for some pointers, hey your here in Fl you can come by and help me. Did you get any of that bad storm at your campground in CT.

BDwille, CW in Jax is 10 miles closer to me than ST. Aug. But after the fiasco at Jax CW dont know if I will go back there again. Plus it is easier to go to ST. Aug. I go the back way route 16 through Green Cove, easy drive and no traffic congestion like at Jax. Probably doesnt matter where you go, Iam sure both places got good and bad techs, just depends which one you get. CW in ST. Aug. did replace my rubber roof it was under warranty and they took care of dealing with CR and getting parts and had it fixed rather quickly. Course that is another story that I posted on here awhile ago.
Good luck with your new cruiser. Now when I take mine in, I do a walk around with the Service Manager and make him annotate any damage areas, so there is no question later.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

The truck pulls like a Tractor trailer hooked to a VW Bug! My truck has a H&S mini max tuner, EGR delete,and a cat & dpf delete pipe.

When I want I can run my tuner at 525 HP and 1125 torque, or three other settings and stock setting.

The fifth wheel is great, we traded in a 2012 CR with one slide for this 2012 left over with 3 slides and a rear fireplace. You can email me directly you still have my email address. I'll be in FL. in Jan.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe2728
Took new FW into Camping World for some minor warranty work. On Nov. 14, they still have a few things on order, however let me pick it up on 21 Dec. as we are going camping for a few days. They did have it quite awhile already and should have gotten everything fixed. I walked into the service bay to have a look at it. First thing I noticed was the fiberglass fender skirt was all cracked and broke. I asked the guys in the shop what happened and they didnt know. Service Manager came out and couldn't explain it either, he said "he had heard someones trailer had been damaged, but didnt know it was mine. Well geez, dont you think the Service Manager would check into a report like this. Said he would order a new skirt, then I asked about the trim piece that is between the top and bottom panel that runs the whole length of the slide out. He called over his body repair man and asked if the trim piece could be replaced, he said it could. So then I said ok, well what about the whole bottom quarter panel, as it was a dented and the paint rubbed off. first he said they could fix it, the the body guy said no, it would have to be replaced also. So now parts are on order for that, and who know how long it will take for them to come in. I was really P.O.ed about that time. Wanted to know how it happened and why didnt they call, no answer. It was like well maybe he wont notice it. Now today when I start to wash it, I notice the window above the damaged area, has the trim dented in also. Guess tomorrow, I make another call to CW and let them know, hope they dont try to say they didnt do that.

If the manufacturer or Camping World isn't solving the
problem contact the President/CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis at email
address:

Mlemonis@campingworld.com

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote