Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
New Camper

I have had mine into the dealer to twice now for this issue. I'm getting rained on right now and still have water coming into the bed room. I thought I was smart and pulled the slide in before I went to work and before it started raining. I came home to a puddle on the floor next to the bed room door and water in the storage under the bed. It's only one the side close to the bathroom. I need to do a better plug job I guess. But with the slide in I figured I would be good. Any suggestions to keep this full timer dry would help. Thanks
Scook003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Scook003: I have a 2010 36SB, the bedroom slide is a Schwinteck, I have had no problems with the movements but have worked through a couple leak issues.

Slide in: Same issue you described, The fix: I went up on top of the unit and checked the slide seal, I found the bead along the top seal and the fiberglass side panel was cracked about 2 feet, just a hairline split in the seal allowed all the water to drain to the top of the slide and into the RV as you described. Use a good clear silicone and reapply the bead.

Slide out: I had water leaking in, appeared to be running in along the top of the side slide rails. The fix: With the slide out, I used a black marker to mark where the outside seal rests on the side rails. I then pulled the slide in part way and put a marble size glob of silicone on top of the side rails just inside the marks I had made. This way when dried the silicone sits just inside the seals when extended, keeps water from running into the rv.

I am now all dry, camped this weekend and it rained outside and not inside

Hope this helps
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

FYI, I made the marks from the outside with the slide extended, pulled it in a bit and applied the silicone to the reails from inside the bedroom. Had to let it dry before extending again.
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

check the piece of trim on the outside bottom of the bedroom slide mine had separated from the wall just a little from the heat. It was running in under my bed after checking everything else I found it. put silicone in the small crack no more problems. The rain was running down the wall and right in under the bed.

2003 Ford F250

2012 Sahara

From Pigeon Forge TN

https://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...9/DSC_0093.jpg
jim carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

We have a 2008 Cruiser we bought new. We have had the bedroom leak and tried to work through it with foam. We recently traveled from TX to GA. Upon our return, we noticed that our seals are shreaded on all slideouts. We had a Keystone product prior to this one and never experienced these issues. Any thoughts from anyone on what could have caused this and sources for new seals. These seamed to be significantly more soft than the Keystone seals.

2008 Cruiser CF31MK

2004 Chev 2500 HD Duramax

Harp traverle is offline   Reply With Quote