Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

We are going to be volunteering at a state park this year. I am going to buy a satellite dish to use with my DirecTV service. This is a question for those with a similar rig: do you connect the feed from the dish to the SAT jack in the basement of your rig or does it have to be directly connected to the satellite receiver in the rig? I have a separate satellite jack in the coach so I am "assuming" (you know what that means) that the jack in the basement is directly fed to the inside jack?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

If you have the Sat. connection outside in your basement and also the cable in the basement and the same inside at the TV, that you are correct just hook to the sat. connection in basement and the Sat. connection behind the TV and you should be ready to go.As for as the beedroom, it won't have anything.There are several ways to overcome this, but for me the simple one was to buy a transmitter and receiver from Radio Shack for $100 and plug them in their respective places and no other problemd.You are just required to watch the same program on both TV's.We never take but one receiver with us, I guess we like roughing it.Good luck

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #3

I also have Direct TV and I use the DVR from home. I purchased an extra dish and tripod for the camper.The only problem is I can't get the local channels if I'm away from my zip code. I also purchased a Sat. finder from ebay for $9.00. It's great and gets you the signal in seconds and you don't have to have the volume turned up when trying to find the strongest signal, which use to drive my wife and dogs crazy. Now all is peaceful. Deputydog