Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
New Camper

This would be our first Rv my wife and I have been looking at geting into rving for a long time.We love the double bunks with slidout it will work great for my 11yr old son and all his friends.Ok the ? isdid they still have the problem with the axles on the 2008 5ers or was that just in the 2007?The next ? is how about the the slide outs I have been reading up on this fourm for the good and the bad on the crossroad rvs.This is a leftover brand new 2008 unit at a huge discounted price and Iwould like your input.Ok the background on myself I'm not new to towing I towed alum 5er horse traliers growing up on qrt horse farm I know the weight is not close to the Kingstonbut I do own a 2000F-350 powerstroke ext cab short box 4x4 swd.I love this forum with all of its info so is thereany info that you can give me. Thank you andsorry for being so long Bob.
bassanglerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Axle problems can occur anytime and there are various WHY it can happen. Keep in mind to reach their destinations these camper's are hauled by commercial trucker's who are looking to make deliveries quickly and leave. Did the trip from Indiana involve bad roads? A pair or rail road trestle's that were raised from frost? A curb leaving a gas station? So many variable's that ANYTHING can cause a bent axle. Good news is that on a level surface with the camper level and ALL tires at the same PSI a dealer can inspected the toe in/out with a straight edge and level - so have it checked prior to delivery.

Second, seals on Crossroads don't seem to be a issue. I haven't read of any issues with them and mine seal real well. I had the factory add slide topper's but any good dealer can add some for you. They keep debris/SAP and other nasty stuff off your slides.

Your truck is plenty big - go get your new camper and enjoy. This forum is very useful, too!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Ditto to what Mike said!

The KF35GB looks like a great floor plan. The only thing I would add is to try to have the dealer throw in a stabilization system like PlugItRight, Eliminator or JT. The kids frolicking in the back will cause quit a bit of movement up front. These types of systems will help kill the movement.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote