Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We RV every summer for 4-5 months , each time to different States/Provinces.

In 2009 we started in N.B and visited,Maine-NH-VT and Upstate NY ending the trip next to Toronto.

In 2010 we plan to pick up the rig from Toronto ( it is stored there

for the winter)and Explore North West

Ontario-Michigan-Pennsylvania-Maryland , Virginia and back to Toronto

(from June till October)

Planning is part of the fun and I am going to do it during the winter.

Our interests are mainly nature oriented,hikes,scenic drives,history,culture and special attractions.

Would be happy to get suggestions.

Thank you.

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

http://www.rv.net Go to the roads & route section & you will get all kinds of responces.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

In southeast Pennsylvania;

Look up French Creek State Park....only electric hook up...have dump station....hiking trails, fishing, swimming, etc. [

I will be there June 4, 5, 6, 2010 with my family.

Visit Hopewell furnace, next to French Creek,...a national historic site....made iron stoves, cannon balls, etc., in 1700"s.

visit Amish Country in Lancaster county....visit outlet stores in Reading PA.

In Virginia, visit endless Caverns campground and tour the caverns..take your camera.

from there tour part of the Skyline Drive to route 64, then head east to Heritage Campgroundnear historicWilliamsburg, then the Shore area in Virginia [nice campgrounds in Norfolk/ Virginia Beacharea] and Maryland's Eastern shore.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Williamsburg---outstanding. Then there's Baltimore, inner harbor, Philly for a Cheesesteak, swing down to Gettysburg. Daniels family farm CG in Boston. When in Michigan don't miss Mill Creek CG (another of our favs) in Machinac City you could swing down through Frankenmuth then West thru Penn catching Erie (islands) or go a bit South thru the Smokies(Blue Ridge, take in Ashville)----wow am I jealous ! I only get a couple weeks at a time!
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

We spent 2 weeks in Virginia last summer and loved it! We had originally planned to go to New England but I ended up in the hospital so we had to scrap that plan.By the time I was "up to speed" again we only had a few weeks before the annual Myrtle Beach trip so we decided tospendwhat time we had left in Virginia since it would be on the way to SC.We found the Williamsburg area a little confusing until we figured out that there is 1Colonial Williamsburg, 2 Jamestownes, and 2 Yorktowne sites. See them all if you have time. The Jamestowne and Yorktowne sites are duplicated because the National Parks Service runs sites that are on the actual locations of the Yorktowne Battle and Jamestowne settlement. The Virginia Historical Society (I think that is correct) run renactment and recreated sitesbased near the original Jamestowne and Yorktown locations. If you have to choose 1 over the other I liked the National Parks sites best but see all of them if you can. We did 1.5 days in Williamsburg, 1.5 days split between the 2 Jamestowne sites and1 day split between the 2 Yorktownes We stayed at American Heritage RV Park. We really loved The Shenandoah National Park. We stayed at the NPS Cgs. (No hook-ups but generators allowed during certain hours, water available and dump stations) We stayed in Mathews Arm (North end of park) and Loft Mountain (South end of park). The CGs fill up on the weekend so avoid that if possible. Mathews Arm was very pretty and vacant! Only about 6 rvs there. Loft Mountain had very private sites but was busier but still not crowded at all. There are also several Presidents homes you can tour in Va. We saw Jeffersons, John Adams and James Monroes homes. Very awe inspiring to walk the same floors as some of these greatmen. We also went to Norfolk to see the Navy base. Take the Harbor tour to go out to see some of the Navy ships in dock. In Dearborn, Michigan you should see the Henry Ford Museum. I have never been there but my wife has and she said it is outstanding.

Enjoy the trip!

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I am hoping to get back to New Mexico in 2010 but that is budget and time willing. I will be taking more local trips this year through New England as I have yet to fully explore my own backyard

As far as dreams, I'd love to get to the factory rally.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Wow!! I have been to many of the area's everyone here has mentioned. It's enough to hop in the truck, hook up the 5er and head out! We're deffinately going to Williamsburg this summer, and will probably go down to the Virginia Beach area. This will be via Pennsylvania, and Maryland, with stops along the way.

I have a few friends that like to do the European or Caribean thing. However, as any good RV'r knows, there is so much to see in our own country that it is impossible to see it all in one life time. What the heck, we can give it a darn good try, eh?
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynlou14760
However, as any good RV'r knows, there is so much to see in our own country that it is impossible to see it all in one life time.

Very well put! After we started traveling with the 5er I lost all desire to travel "abroad". I am sure there are many wonderful things to see and do outside this country but I don't think I will finish seeing everythinghere with enough time left on my meter to worry about anywhere else.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Thank you all for your input and suggestions.

I have at this time another question:

;ing South on the Delaware Peninsula towards Virginia which

coast is more interesting ?East-(Delaware) or West -(Maryland)?

Thank you.

Edited by: danshula

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Thought you might enjoy this http://d7wompu62zbx1.cloudfront.net/digitaleditions/highways/2121895_DigitalHighways0912.pdf. A Good Sam Highways magazine dedicated to Michigan RVing.

If/when you decide when/what part of Michigan you intend to visit I'll be happy to offer some recs. It's a big state with alot to see and do, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

In 09 we went to Branson and Eureaka Springs for 2 weeks and then to upper Michigan for 2 weeks... in 2010 we plan to go to the National Good Sam Rally in July...down thru Kentucky bluegrass valley for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks to San Antonio Texas for 2 weeks in the fall....other than that lots of close trips within 2-300 miles....we were able to spend 47 nights in our camper this year...having a great time
** MEMBER of the MASON-DIXON BUNCH **
** MEMBER of the Northeast Adventure Rally Group **
** MEMBER of the Montana Owners **
** MEMBER of Jayco Owners forum **
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Everyone is welcome to my great state of Virginia.. Come play and enjoy Williamsburg.

Merry Christmas and look forward to meeting others next year while out camping.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote